ginger hair

Freya

Reaction score
Ok am I strange. I have strawberry blonde coloured hair - used to be bright red but started highlighting it in early 20's and now still do.

My daughter has dark hair - but my son has GINGER hair and I love it!!!!

Sooo many people say to me - ahhh maybe it will get darker (as if it is some sort of aflicaton for him) but I think it is gorgeous and always say to them I love it. At this point they look at me as if I am mad and wonder of.

Am I strange or do other people love it as well?

I'm with you......I love red/ ginger hair.....especially on girls, I actually always said I'd love my daughter to have red hair........I know what you mean about others though, I had a friend whose biggest fear when she had her daughter was that she might get red hair :roll:

I s'pose because some people get bullied because their hair is red its something that people 'worry about'...but the bigger picture is.......'hair is hair'!

I'm not a massive fan of ginger hair on men, and I am ginger myself! But it does depend on the actual shade of red for me personally.

My husband obviously doesn't have an issue with it! Although my hair is a fairly dark ginger and has got darker since I was a child.

I did get picked on at school because of it, but it wasn't that bad tbh.

Hubbys Mum has 'strawberry blonde hair' and because of this we think our LO is very likely to be ginger, but I'm not bothered. What will be will be! :D

I love ginger hair, the last bloke i was seeing had bright ginger hair on his head and face he was gorgeous :wink:

I used to hate my ginger hair when i was a kid but i love it now. I wanted my girls to be ginger but they are both brown. Nathan has brown hair at the minute but there is some ginger in it so we will have to wait and see. I must admit i don't like men with ginger hair though but i think thats mainly cos i ahve it. Its the frizzy ginger with all the freckles i'm not keen on.

I never understand the obsession in this country against people with ginger hair. Its really bizarre and I know people from other countries find it strange too. So some people have red hair, so what!?? My hair is light brown but I dye it reddish/orange as I love the colour. I have heard so many jokes about ginger people and I really don't get it. I think ginger hair is so much nicer than so many hair types out there and I love freckles too. Why would everyone want to look exactly the same!? Ginger/pale people are much more of a rarity and for me that is something nice. It seems the way the world is going everyone is going to be clones of each other. How boring...

I love ginger/red hair on women. I think it looks beautiful. I am not bothered about men with ginger hair either, although I do have a friend who looks just like Chucky from the Rug Rats. It is not a good look.

My MIL REALLY REALLY hates ginger hair. She keeps making unkind remarks about her neice's boy who has dark ginger hair...like, why does she let his hair get so long, I wouldbe ashmed, I would shve it off and put a hat on!!!!! :roll: She also says things to me like..."don't have a ginger baby, we can't have a ginger bridesmaid for my daughter's wedding"!!!!!!! :shock:

I wouldn't care about a red haired child, but I fear for her reaction...I almost wish I that I will :D

i have never really been a fan of bright ginger hair not just because the hair colour but because they are usually pale and freckly too which in a bloke i dont go for i prefer dark hair and skin. Harleys hair was ginger when he was a few months old and the only reason i was botherd was because i no that school kids can be cruel. but his hair is not ginger now,
but shaun in eastends has made me fancy gingers :lol:

My hair was very dark ginger when I was a kid but then it turned darker brown as I got older, my baby sister has this amazing head of long ginger ringlets, pale skin and freckles with bright blue eyes, shes 12 right now and already a little stunner, a real english rose!

I think women with ginger/red hair look so beautiful, I often wish my hair hadnt got darker lol

I think the bullying aspect is purely because ginger hair is the less common colour and kids will find any difference they can to pick on! And some jealousy too! My mum used to say to me "some women would spend a fortune to get thier hair that colour!"

Olivia has ginger hair, it isn't bright ginger but you can see that it's has red in it!

We have a lot of people comment on her hair, sometimes the first thing someone says is "oh she's a red head" or "where does she get her red hair from?" and when we say daddy was red when he was little (DF is now brown), they say "oh it still might change then" This annoys me sometimes as i get the feeling they say it because they dont like it!

On the other hand we do get a lot of people saying how lovely it is, and that they always wanted a child with red hair!

We think she is beutiful and dont care whether she keeps her red hair or not :D

I am strawberry blonde too, although I do have it bleached now :oops: I really should stick to original colour, its beautiful...my nan was really red, it was gorgeous-she had the nick name Red when she was younger...

Ruby has a red tinge to her hair, she doesnt have a lot of hair at the mo, but its defo going to be a shade of red I reckon. I call her my little Ruby redhead, she had gorgeous english rose complexion and big blue eyes..beautiful!! She will be a supermodel one day!!

My nick name for Ruby when she is crying is the ginger whinger!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

My nick name for Ruby when she is crying is the ginger whinger!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Olivia's hair sometimes looks really red then others it looks quite dark!

When the light shines on it, it glows and it looks lovely :D

Hurrah not just me then. Ruby's mummy I think my hair colour must be same as yours. I call Aidan my little red rooster. Glad i am not alone :cheer:

See this is really Odd as Emily is a proper Ginner :D and i love it on her, for some reason i think it suits girls better than boys
Jack has blonde hair which i am quite pleased about as when my OH was little he was a right carrot top I mean really bright orange and verypale

People have said that Emily must be the milkmans as my OH has now gone brown like Kelly S's OH

I really do love it on Emily as it is a beutiful colour and always looks really shiny

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back