Getting Upset - Moody DH as Due Date Approaches!!

Julia

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I have just read another post entitled F*****G Men......so I thought I would get this off my chest...

My DH is quite a moody person anyway (nothing too bad - just a man thing)...

BUT

I am getting pissed off as the moods become more regular as my due date approaches. He has stayed in for the last two weeks (meaning no pint over pub - BIG DEAL!!) just incase baby arrives. It is nearly killing him!! He is quiet, moody and down. He left for work yesterday morning in a bad mood because I had a go at him for waking our 2 year old up (he kissed her goodbye which always wakes her before she is ready). He then came home in a bad mood and moaned at me that I had left my car unlocked. He has not spoken to me since (I just leave the room when he enters). He is sweeping up the leaves in the garden now after not speaking to me all morning!

I really don't need this with only 2 days to go til my due date. I may be hormonal but I can't see what I have actually done! It is just because his life has altered a bit as in he can't go out when he wants (which is only once - twice a week anyway).

He even said that he is fed up with all the waiting for the baby to arrive - well join the bloody club mate! I have not been out for nine months, never mind 2 weeks!! I am getting the feeling that he really resents us as a family. I feel like saying "piss off to your mothers and then you can do exactly what you want, when you want".

Moan over.

Julia xxxxx

Oh bloody men! They can be so selfish! Why do they find it so hard to sit back and see things from our side once in a while!?
HE'S sick of waiting around for the baby?!! :shakehead:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: for you hun!

Thanks, Lea...

They just don't think! I should have married a woman!!! :think: But then that would mean I would have never had sex again!!!! (Saying that - it feels like a lifetime since having sex with my DH!!)

Julia xxxx

um hello girls update, you dont need a man to have sex :bored:

swiftly moving on :wink:

men can be rubbish sometimes :wall:

:hug: :hug:

hennaly said:
um hello girls update, you dont need a man to have sex :bored:

swiftly moving on :wink:

men can be rubbish sometimes :wall:

:hug: :hug:

:lol: so true

Sounds like your both fed up at the mo :hug: :hug:

Try sitting him down and speaking to him hun :hug:

Hiya!

I forgot we are due on the same date! Its officially a race til the end! lol

Anyway.. men can be bloody moody (i know my man is) Ive learnt to ignore him now. When he is particulally snappy its usualy cos he is worried about stuff so could be the same for our man (ie the birth)

Doesnt help us ladies though.. they should be loving a supportive for the whole 9 months and ignore ALL of our hormonal rants!!

Claire x

hun i totally understand where your coming from i think i have got to the bottom of my little spat with hubby, he is nervous about the birth and he's also worried about being a good dad, and the biggest worry of all MONEY!!! could this be the same with your hubby? I feel quite bad as i never really thought about what he's feeling about the baby as its me thats carrying it. :?

emmie said:
hun i totally understand where your coming from i think i have got to the bottom of my little spat with hubby, he is nervous about the birth and he's also worried about being a good dad, and the biggest worry of all MONEY!!! could this be the same with your hubby? I feel quite bad as i never really thought about what he's feeling about the baby as its me thats carrying it. :?

Oh im pleased you have sorted it hun :hug: :hug:

I know from experience we can be quick to blame them but in reality theyve had to put up with our raging hormones, where we end up stressing and snapping at them and genrally taking it all out on them.
We forget that they get worried about the birth and how life is about to change amongst some things

Usually a good heart to heart sorts it out :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

sorry to hear your DH is being moody and not sensitive with regards to your feelings. It really sounds like whats needed is a good chat. Men are known to bottle up their feelings and this doesn't help considering the proximity to your due date. Why men can't just talk about things without needing prompting I don't know.. still, he's probably worried as well and got a lot on his mind... I hope you guys manage to clear the air :hug:

Thanks soooo much for your replies - do not know what I would do without you all!

Many men are moody and I think that they do find it difficult to talk about their emotions.

Me and DH really need a good night out together to relax after the baby is born.....

I know that he is not moody over money worries/work worries or anything like that....it is simply anxiety and the final couple of day of the 9 month wait. He explains it as "waiting for Christmas and then the date being moved!"

I can't believe though that I have stayed in for 9 months and he only has to do it for the last couple of weeks and says he finds it sooo difficult!!!

He has gone to football now and shouted goodbye as he went......perhaps this will clear the air!!

He is not a mean or nasty man and loves being a Dad to our little girl - I have painted a bad picture of him - just cos I am pissed off!!!

Julia xxxxx

why not send him to the pub for a night then , just for half a pint or something ?
It might cheer him up and you can always ring him, surely the pub isnt that far away :think:

Naterjack said:
why not send him to the pub for a night then , just for half a pint or something ?
It might cheer him up and you can always ring him, surely the pub isnt that far away :think:

If hes anything like a lot of guys i know DONT DO IT! It never stops at half a pint.. besides.. its two days til your due date, its not much to ask, especially if hes been out at football all day. Why cant he make a fuss of you? cook you dinner?

Im a bit anti men at this current moment in time as mine has just pissed me off too and we arent speaking.. all over cleaning a bloody cooker! :evil:

Claire x

Naterjack said:

No not a great idea and purely for the fact of how he is feeling.
When your feeling low you tend to over do it.

I think he has chosen himself not to go out and if he really had wanted to im sure he would of mentioned it??

I really don't care if he goes to the pub or not...it would prove a SERIOUS point if I went into labour tonight and he could not drive me to the hospital cos he has been drinking!! Would make him feel REALLY guilty HA HA!

Men are bloody hopeless!!

Julia xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back