Getting pregnant with number 2???

Chrissy1

Reaction score
How long after baby number one should you wait until you get pregnant again??

Poppy is only 8 weeks old and we want to start trying again for another :? but I'm just worried there might be some reason why you sould wait a while.

We had a relatively easy pregnacy (only had SPD and carpal tunnel to cope with) and a wonderful homebirth with Poppy and we've always said we want two babies and to have them close togeter. I didn't have any tears or stitches or anything with Pops so am I ok to try and get pregnant again so soon.

I am still breastfeeding and the demands of having an 8 week old baby mean it will probably take a while anyway but I just want to check there's no reasons why we shouldn't start trying again after christmas is out of the way.

I think the brilliant birthing experience I had have made me want to do it again......if they all go that well I'll end up with a football team!!! :lol: :lol:

I thought you were advised to wait around 6 months before trying, obviously people do get pregnant before then but its a heavy toll on your body, i know two friends who have both sadly had miscarraiges (sp) not long after they had their first babies,

I had a c-section so have been advised to wait a year anyway, have a word with your HV i am sure they could give you some advice x

my eldest was 6 weeks old when i fell for my second and had no problems atall :D

Whatever feels right for you :D But remember that if your body isn't ready it may not happen yet.

We haven't used contraception since LO was born and would welcome a new pregnancy any time, but nothing has happened yet. I haven't had my first period either - quite common when breastfeeding. I don't want to stop BF:ing early only to get pregnant though :D

i was gonna wait and give them about a 4-year age gap, but only because i had my first 4 years earlier than i was ever gonna start thinking about ttc, didnt see why i should have more before i was ready just because of one "accident"!

anyway, as it happened, no.2 was an "accident" too, but losing that one made me change my mind and now i am ready- for number 2 baby (number 3 pregnancy!) so if i got pregnant now my kids would have 2yrs 3months between them which is actually a really, really FAB age gap! :dance: (thats the age gap between me and my lil sis which was perfect!)

You do what feels right for you really.

Generally its felt that your body needs a year off between pregnancies to recover and gain back all the nutrients etc it lost when carrying first baby. Also the strain a pregnancy can put on your body, it needs time to bounce back. Pregnancy and giving birth is a big thing and puts a lot of strain on the body. Things like bones can suffer and need time to get back what was lost when carrying baby.

Personally as I am able to choose I will wait about a year after my first before trying for another. Its not just the effects another pregnacy will have on me and baby now, but when I am older. I feel also that if I want to carry another baby it deserves for my body to be in as best a shape as possible, same as when I had my first. I'd feel I was cheating a second child if I got pregnant too soon and my body hadn't had time to recover and restock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back