• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Getting Married Abroad...?

CoreysMummy

Reaction score
Where have you done it/where would you like to do it!?

OH has always wanted to just go away and get married, where as I wanted all friends and that around here. Still wudnt do it in a church really, but a hotel, then have meal and reception, lots of booze and fun.

I was thinking though, could have family out to wherever, then send them all home, have a week on our own - honeymoon, and come back, hire out a function roon in a nice hotel, caterers, get a cake etc, I can throw the flowers etc... and all friends etc would be there.

Comprimise!! :clap:

But where abroad...??

(I am American, so Cuba & Cuban islands is out)

We married in Cyprus and it was fab! :)

I think your compromise is a good idea.. suits all then :D

We have been talking about this too! And came up with the same compromise! :)

I'd love to do it somewhere nice and hot (not too hot tho!! :lol: ) a place not too expensive, that is also a nice setting for honeymoon.

Sorry thats not much help!!! No concrete suggestions from moi :doh:

Some friends of mine just got married in Cyprus, looked fantastic! Wouldnt be too long a flight out there for everyone either. It really depends on where you would like your honeymoon to be :)

We just went to set the date last week, will be getting married in Germany in October 2009 (which means we can have a negative wedding anniversary next month!).

I am from Germany, but we're living in the UK so it's kind of semi-abroad only. It wasn't even mine, but my partner's idea, but now I'm really really happy about it. Also seems to be involving much less bureaucratic hassle than I expected.

Me & hubby went to Prague for our 1st anniversary and we both wished we had of gotten married there is a beautiful city, lots of castles, very cheap to travel there and once your there its cheap and its lovely and sunny in the summer but lots of snow in winter if you fancy an idyllic winter wedding.

We got married in Prague in Feb 2005. it snowed for the three days leading up to our wedding but was sunny on the day (very cold though high of 1 degree C).

As we had to get married in that month we wanted somewhere it would be really wintery rather than brown and muddy.

Website we used was www.pragueweddings.com

they do all the leg work for you and you don't have a set package as oteher website have so that helps.
really recmmend videoing wedding when marrying abroad as many people wont be able to make it.

sandi

.I got married in Spain...but I live in Spain. Does that count as abroad :think: :rotfl: ? Me and DH aren't Spanish though :D

We'll probably have a second wedding of sorts when we get back to Australia for all OH's family and friends. We may even spend a bit of time living over there and checking out emigrating to New Zealand, so a worthwhile trip :)

We got married in Florida and I'd do it all again tomorrow. Wanted the day to be about me and DH, not me spending all my time worrying that other people were enjoying themselves! We threw a party when we got back, but treated it as a reception i.e. cake, speeches, got to wear my wedding dress again :D.

Would totally recommend Florida as a location, it's not all about Disney, and there are some beautiful places. We got married in the lakeside gazebo here: http://www.cypressgrovepark.com/

We married in Texas USA because that was where hubby was working at the time! I just wanted to be married, I didn't really care where we said our vows!!

My OH and i want to get married abroad but cant decide where, My OH's brother got married in Cyprus so he doesnt want to get married there (but thats the only place really ive fancied lol.) I do like the look of Cape Verde Islands but when i asked last year at a travel agents they said they didnt do weddings there yet as its a new sort of destination.

I got married in the Netherlands (wouldn't recommend it as it can be expensive) and friends of mine got married in Curaçao. Sorry I can't give any details.

Sally12: Lake Garda IS beautiful and perfect :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back