Genuine Fear

Vicky_Gazerimmer

Reaction score
Ok, looks like I have my first blood test on thursday, problem is I am so scared it is making me ill, and I know I am over reacting but I cant help it!

I truly wish I could get out of this but I know I can't. Was anyone else scraed of theirs? I feel like I am the only person in the UK worried about my bloods :shock:

Try not to stress yourself out about hun, we all have to get them done whether we like it or not!!

:hug:

oh try not to worry too much, put it out of your mind for the next few days as wont help worrying about it :hug:

i hated and still hate having blood tests taken i can't watch - this doc/midwife finds it hilarious though as i work as a veterinary nurse and inject animals all day!!

I understand honey :hug:

I passed out when they tried to take my 12 week bloods! I was then too scared to go back and ended up with the midwife knocking on my door at 16 weeks and doing them while I lay semi-concious on my bed! :shock:

After that, I was prescribed EMLA cream which completely numbs the area so you can't feel a thing. I found as long as I didn't look I was ok. It's marvelous stuff! Ask your MW for some :)

The only other cure I know of is LABOUR!! Honestly, I had that many needles stuck in me over those 3 days and I couldn't have cared less! :?

Hypnorm said:
i hated and still hate having blood tests taken i can't watch - this doc/midwife finds it hilarious though as i work as a veterinary nurse and inject animals all day!!

:rotfl:

wow thanks minksy I will aks her some of that cream sounds great! Makes me feel much better!

thanks to everyone else too I feel much more calm now xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back