GBS Test.....can anyone help?

Emmylou

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have decided that I want to get a Group B Strep Test done.......can anyone point me in the right direction of what I do? Where do I get order one? How can I get more info.......hoping someone will be able to save me trawling through the google results :lol:

Thanks in advance

Em :hug:

i ot the phone number from mother and baby magazine so you could try there website :think:

i had one and my midwife totally dismissed it even told me off for having one behind her back :evil:

nic & keeley said:
i ot the phone number from mother and baby magazine so you could try there website :think:

i had one and my midwife totally dismissed it even told me off for having one behind her back :evil:

Really?! How could she tell you off for it :evil: Naughty MW, I have my next appointment on Monday, maybe I should mention it to her then :think: I definitely want to do the test...! I'll have a browse for mother & baby....

Thanks hun :hug:

I think they should pay for it too......isn't it more common that Downs Syndrome?

Bleeding NHS :wall: :wall:

I'm willing to pay the £32.00 to know either way as I see it as a good investment, but all the same, you'd think all women should be tested for it routinely wouldn't you :roll:

i know more and more pregnant women are gettin it yet the nhs don't seem bothered!

i think £32 is a lot of money wel it is to me :roll:
but its totally worth it and if you do the text thing where they text you the results it coming back quite quick :) which is good

My test came back positive the midwife didnt really seem bothered if it wasnt for Sami telling me on msn that I had to get a course of antibiotics to cure it before labour I wouldnt have known, I went to doc and he's prescribed Penicyllin (sp) 2 tablets FOUR times a day for 5 days lol
then apparantly you have to do another private test to ensure its gone but he doesnt think ill have to have anti biotics in labour

OMG Becks....thats awful!! Why don;t the MW's care?!?!? Soooo frustrating!!!!

I'll bend my mw's ear on Monday I think!

I dont have a clu i tested at 36 weeks because its said to be best between 35 - 37 weeks so i chose in between :)

Why don;t the MW's care?!?!? Soooo frustrating!!!!

because its not that big a problem. if it was really as dangerous/prevelant as the magazines and companies that sell the tests make out, dont you thing it would be availible on the nhs?
we dont screen and treat every patient on admission to hospital for MRSA and other bugs cos- most of them have probably got it, the cost would be phenomonal and its only a problem in certain groups of people. if you choose to pay for it then that fine but i dont think the nhs should foot the bill when its already got so many other things that need attention.

nathanmum said:
Emmylou said:
Why don;t the MW's care?!?!? Soooo frustrating!!!!

because its not that big a problem. if it was really as dangerous/prevelant as the magazines and companies that sell the tests make out, dont you thing it would be availible on the nhs?
we dont screen and treat every patient on admission to hospital for MRSA and other bugs cos- most of them have probably got it, the cost would be phenomonal and its only a problem in certain groups of people. if you choose to pay for it then that fine but i dont think the nhs should foot the bill when its already got so many other things that need attention.
But when the NHS do test their tests show up false negatives

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back