Gastroenteritis

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
My sis has just been to docs and they said she has gastroenteritis. i spent all day with her yesterday and today i feel quite tired and weak and my stomach is gurggling loads. my trips to the loo havnt made me worry too much yet, just a little bit looser (sorry if tmi :oops: ).

ive just read that some of the bugs that cause it can be passed onto unborn babies :(

has anybody else had gastroenteritis in pregnancy? im sure LO will be ok, im just a bit worried

hiya huni, i can understand your worried, so heres a :hug:

I have had this when i was pregnant with cameron and so long as u hydrate yourself well, whilst its a problem then it shouldnt affect baby too much, obviously you will be loosing more than normal and u need to replenish these you loose,

If your symptoms get worse then i would advise a quick visit to the docs or midwife, if your stools get very loose then i would take something like dirolite (sp) this is safe to take in pregnancy..

Hope you feel better soon
:hug:

thanks for the :hug: hun

my sis did mention to her doctor about spending the day with me and they said what you said to visit gp or mw if i feel ill.

i think im gonna curl up with my new book and a BIG glass of OJ and see how i feel later

aww i dont blame you huni,

hope the dreaded thing doesnt affect you to much
xx :wave:

Hun stay away
Braydon has got this and he spent tues nite in hospital really dont want u going down with it whilst being PG

I had a sickness and Diahorrea bug and ended up in hosp on a drip but i have puked all through my pg..The consultant said so long as they got me re hydrated it would not affect the baby so if you get it try and keep your fluids up.

hope your sis feels beter soon i have had it and its horrible

I had it between xmas and new year, ditto what Cloud9 said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back