Gah... boys names

YorksLass

Reaction score
Hey folks, we're fairly sure we're staying team yellow and have started dabbling with names. We have a couple for girls but absolutely nothing for boys! My partner doesn't like any and I seem to have gotten caught in a loop of just coming up with comical joke ones.
The two girl names so far are Juliet and Rowan, Rowan being my preferred although my partner is more for Juliet. Any opinions on those?
I like more natural sounding names than biblical, but not too overly hippyish so the child might hate it later on! X

Last edited:
I really love both of those names!
My friends brother just had a baby in June and name him Rowan, I also have a friend who's 27 called Rowan and it's such a lovely name.
Juliet is nice also, sweet and feminine.

Thanks Molly, good that they work into adulthood! I'd definitely use Rowan for a girl.
In the absence of any other agreement between me and partner, we're edging towards Fraser for a boy now... still unsure though. I'm finding boys names so difficult - this little 'un better be a girl!
Any other suggestions welcome x ;-)

Oh sorry i misread that- I thought you meant Rowan for a boy. Both the Rowan's I know are male.
Do you only like it for a girl?
Fraser is nice, my cousins name. I like Eddie and Zeke as boys names too.

Hey folks, we're fairly sure we're staying team yellow and have started dabbling with names. We have a couple for girls but absolutely nothing for boys! My partner doesn't like any and I seem to have gotten caught in a loop of just coming up with comical joke ones.
The two girl names so far are Juliet and Rowan, Rowan being my preferred although my partner is more for Juliet. Any opinions on those?
I like more natural sounding names than biblical, but not too overly hippyish so the child might hate it later on! X

Hi there :wave:

It looks like we might be Sailing in the same ship at the moment. Me and my OH are expecting a little boy in March and we are so stuck for boys names. however my OH says there nothing he likes and I cant find anything I like either.... We had loads for a girl and even picked out Chloe Elizabeth for a girl before I got pregnant. Let just say my partner.. well he's not much use he also says he had loads for girls :wall2:

I know a baby called Eden, which at first I thought was a bit "out there" but really, it's quite a nice, unusual name for a LG! For little boys, what about something like Noah? my personal favourites were George, Henry, and Dexter, though we really struggled with boy names also. :lol: best of luck x

Molly, I do only like Rowan for a girl! My partner thinks of Rowan Atkinson if it was for a boy anyway lol zeke is nice...
Mumsylou, I like Dexter but my partner doesn't and conversely, he likes George and I don't lol Henry could shorten to hal, which is cute. I kinda like eden but I bet my partner would hate it.
Thanks for suggestions!
SarahLou, we better be having girls!
X

Last edited:
Yeah I agree had things sorted for a girl :lol: but I'm having a boy so need hurry and pick his name.

If it makes you feel better I had a nightmare with boys names, because we decided I'd pick for a girl and he'd pick for a boy...with the approval of each other of course.
Whenever I asked I got tonnes of silly suggestions like flame boy :/
Good luck finding the right name xxx

Urgh, we had a list as long as both of our arms for boys names and pretty much all of them hebrew!

Seth, Noah, Levi, Isaac were our top choices (one of which used for our son). I loved Jonah and Eli too.

I think rowan sounds like a boys name tbh, Juliet is pretty.

Boys names I like
Luke, Matthew, Isaac, Jacob, Joshua, Henry, Adam

Thanks folks - we've started looking at Nordic names for boys now, and my partner has fallen in love with a few. Still sticking to Rowan for a girl - I've known a couple of female rowans, it's not unusual! X

My friend I met online when we were pregnant with our first babies has a girl called Rowan. She's her 3rd child and is about 5 or 6 now :)

I'm all for the Nordic names! When we found out I was pregnant we hoped for boy. I have a 10 year old daughter named Kai (Kay) Faolan (fool-an). So I let my hubby pick our little boys name. My family is Norwegian and his is Ukrainian/German. Odin Wladimir Beistel. Big name for a tiny peanut

I see Rowan as more male SAYING that I love gender neutral names.... my name is Jordan...and im a girl! I did have 'but its a boys name' but I liked the fact no other girls had my name.
Juliet i'm not keen on only because its just not my cup of tea.

Were having a boy in april and calling him jude��

My favourite boys names are: Cody, Korey, Zack, Marshall, Mitchell, and Cobi

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back