funny lyrics

trixipaws

Reaction score
i remember when i first heard rockerfeller skank by fatboyslim, i was driving home from sixth form college with the radio on. i thought the words "right about now, the funk soul brother" were "right about now, the vauxhall brava" (yes i kno there's no such thing!) and i remember thinking, 'wow this is a really long advert for a car!' because i thought it was a radio commercial jingle!

i also remember my sister telling me she thought macy gray in i try sounded like she was singing "i wear goggles when you are not there", and even though i knew she was singing "my world crumbles when you are not there" i couldnt help thinking she said goggles after my sister had said that!
another one was that bucketheads song that goes "these sounds swirl into my mind" sounds a bit like "peas, pies, pudding, chips and rice".

i thought i'd find it amusing if others share any similar mis-heard lyrics so i started this thread!

LMFAO brilliant :rotfl:

I used to think bon-jovi living on a prayer was "living on the prarie" though thats not as good as yours :rotfl:

I thought that REM coming in to wake her up was calling cheryl baker! I also thought that Nights in White satin were Knights in white satin and have an image of men on horses wearing satiny type clothes! I only found out last year I was wrong! :oops: :rotfl:

missac said:
I thought that REM coming in to wake her up was calling cheryl baker! I also thought that Nights in White satin were Knights in white satin and have an image of men on horses wearing satiny type clothes! I only found out last year I was wrong! :oops: :rotfl:

OMG me too!!!! Didnt think it for that long though lol

:rotfl: :rotfl: just think of all the things we thing are right that are actually wrong!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I used to think the Shaggy song - his first one.... said something about jumping bras!

My parents used to make my sister and I perform 'Superman' by Black Lace (the one where you 'ring the bell', 'go for a walk' etc) and I never understood why they'd laugh at us.

It was a while after that they eventually told us it was 'hitch a ride' not 'hit your eye' :oops:

Minxy said:
It was a while after that they eventually told us it was 'hitch a ride' not 'hit your eye' :oops:

Awwwww.... that is so sweet!

lol just remembered another one- well i was watching TMF before and the video was on- i used to think in professional widow by tori amos it was "hes got a big dick"! :rotfl:

I used to think that in Wham's Careless Whisper he sang "Wasted cheques that I'd been given", instead of chance that I'd been given :rotfl: :rotfl:

I like a video on u tube, its fall out boy 'this aint a scne' it sounds like, im a little man also evil also into cats, this aint a city is a gotham ass face hehe take a look at the vid, its under fall out boy miss heard lyrics :lol:

missac said:

Yeah and I did :oops:

Kieran is always doing this, bless him, he tries to sing along to songs in the car.

He thinks 'I love rock and roll' is 'I love bungalows'!!!

and 'Stayin' Alive' is 'shavin' the man'

Bless him!

I've heard the fallout boy one, it's hilarious :lol: . There's an Avril Lavine (sp) one called Constipated instead of Complicated.
I always thought the song 'What a feeling' by Irene Cara was 'Take your pant down' instead of 'take your passion'

'What a feeling, bein's believin'
I can't have it all, now I'm dancin' for my life
Take your passion, and make it happen
Pictures come alive, you can dance right through your life'

:lol: Great thread!

My boyfriend sings the wrong lyrics all the time...

His latest offering was...

Stand and Deliver by Adam Ant... but he sang...

Stand in the River!! :lol: :lol:

Fingers crossed said:
I've heard the fallout boy one, it's hilarious :lol: . There's an Avril Lavine (sp) one called Constipated instead of Complicated.
I always thought the song 'What a feeling' by Irene Cara was 'Take your pant down' instead of 'take your passion'

'What a feeling, bein's believin'
I can't have it all, now I'm dancin' for my life
Take your passion, and make it happen
Pictures come alive, you can dance right through your life'
:rotfl: That constipated one is wierd al yankovic or something like that! There's loads of them! He is hilarious!

At our wedding, we decided to surprise everyone with a choreographed dance of 'Prince Charming' by Adam Ant but I heard hubby singing along to it during rehearsal and singing

Pretty cool is nothing to be scared of - instead of ridicule!

DH takes the pee as I though in the Friends theme tune, they sang:

'Your love lifes the old way' not 'Your love lifes D.O.A' :oops:

Also, have to say I LOVE the Fallout Boy This ain't a scene on youtube....'I'm also into cats' :rotfl:

trixipaws said:
i remember when i first heard rockerfeller skank by fatboyslim, i was driving home from sixth form college with the radio on. i thought the words "right about now, the funk soul brother" were "right about now, the vauxhall brava" (yes i kno there's no such thing!) and i remember thinking, 'wow this is a really long advert for a car!' because i thought it was a radio commercial jingle!

i also remember my sister telling me she thought macy gray in i try sounded like she was singing "i wear goggles when you are not there", and even though i knew she was singing "my world crumbles when you are not there" i couldnt help thinking she said goggles after my sister had said that!
another one was that bucketheads song that goes "these sounds swirl into my mind" sounds a bit like "peas, pies, pudding, chips and rice". !

Speakig of fatboyslim, I used to think that 'praise you' song said 'praise you like a shoe' :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back