forumla question

Gem & Leland

Reaction score
ok due to leland now having much more formula then breast milk its changed his poo :oops: and he now isnt going every day . plus his being sick after every meal ,i dont know if this is due to slight relfux maybe or the forumla his on

weve been on aptamil frm the very start

is it worth changing , im coming to the end of my tub ? can u just change from one to another with no problems ?

what would u reccommend ?

I have heard Aptamil can make babies quite sicky, SMA can make babies quite constipated... we use Cow and Gate (the green one) and have never had any problems. We mix feed too, he has a 7oz bottle before bed after a breastfeed. Ryan's poo is pretty much 11am every day :) not as bunged up as he was on SMA and I never tried Aptamil cos it just looked weird and I'd heard bad things about it.

edit- random question, but how did you pick the name Leland? I've never heard of it before and I've been meaning to ask! I probably say it wrong too, but I say it like Leyland the lorries... :oops:

think ill get some cow & gate today , depbating whether to get the comfort one or normal ,suppose it will depend if tesco do it :rotfl:

as for his name , its said like lee land , not leyland lorries but your not the first one to prenounce it like that ! and even tho its an anglo saxo name means from the meadow land , we found it on an american tv show called DOG the bounty hunter :oops: :rotfl: was the only name we both liked !

its horrid feeding at mo , cos we know his gonna be sick , and then he;ll get hurrendous hiccups and be sick again , and now with him not going to loo proper he must be feeling awfull !

I have heard many mums mentioning different brands.

I use SMA White with Adam and haven't had any problems with his bowels. I thought that Adam was quite sicky, so I changed to C & G. It gave him the runs so I went back to SMA.

We have not long found out that Adam was sick because he has reflux.

C & G seems to be the most popular brands at the moment with a few different options like comfort and night (I think). xx

thank nie , naenatel unit gave him sma and he was really sick .

i too think leland had reflux , everything he does suggests he does .

gonna wonder to boots in a mo , see if they have the comfort one in stock

G3M- be warned if you do try the C&G comfort milk it makes their poo green and very smelly! That is normal when they are on that milk. We tried it as Carlotte was very sicky and colicky and TBH it didnt help us much but i know others it has helped a lot.

If you do think it might be reflux it may be worth seeing the doctor about getting some Gaviscon powder, it helped a lot with Charlotte

:hug:

green pooh :shock: at mo his poo smells cps his not going alot , can it be worse :puke:

we got the comfort stuff , shall give it go , if it doesnt help im gonna try hipp next ! by the time we get this milk sorted he'll neeed the next stage :rotfl:

we use HIPP organic for Holly's night feed. She only has one bottle of formula a day and she is quite regular on it... her poo is yellow and runny as she is predom breastfed but i do think the formula adds a certain aroma to it !!

cow and gate is a pretty good milk, i used the green one as a starter and never had sick babies, poo was a bit runny but thats the norm!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back