Formula - poos vs. no poos.

Lisamj

Reaction score
Hey all,

When Sam is on Aptimal, he only poo's appx. every 4 days. On Hipp Organic he poo's daily. (He still has 2/3 breastfeeds a day, the other 2/3 feeds are formula).

So I was wondering, does the 'no poo' with aptimal mean it suits him better and there is little waste left over? Or the does daily poo with Hipp mean it's working through his system more efficiently?

Thanks ladies,

L x

I've no idea sorry

Finlay pood daily on Aptimal and then we switched to HIPP and he still does daily. Probably about the same apart from when we switched - then it was about 4 or 5 times in a day for a few days :lol:

OMG i was just going to post the same... :lol:
On Hipp Ted's poos are really runny and he can do up to 3 poos a day, yet when he was on Aptimil it was once a day ( i swapped because hipp is so much cheaper) but i'm not sure which is best... like you said.
Right, i'm going to try him back on Aptimil and see if the runny poos stop as it could be teething (his bottom ones are through..) i'll let you know :hug:
Be interesting to see if anyone else has same thing??

It's difficult isn't! His poo is the same colour as BF poo with Hipp but smells quite bad, and it's darker with Aptimal....perhaps it's darker because it's been in there longer !?!?

I know that the HIPP is cheaper, BUT, I've noticed that the scoop is bigger and so you end up using more each feed.....I actually find Aptimal lasts about 2 or 3 feeds more for me anyway.

L xxx

Ditto all of the above..i'll let u know how i get on with the switch back!!!

We had the same problem but with SMA and Cow and Gate, Ella had horrendously runny poos on C&G that would instantly come out of her nappy! :puke: We changed back to SMA in the end as it just wasn't manageable to have her pooing like that! Different formulas can affect babies in different ways.

I don't think that the scoop is any bigger in weight as I was told that all scoops have to be an oz, its just that Hipp is a fluffier powder so an ounce takes up more space if that makes sense.

Well, day one back on aptimil follow on and he hasn't pooed at all yet (we'd have had 3 by now) and he's grumpy as anything, his tum feels quite tight too. :x

Rudy is on Aptamil too and his poos haven't changed since I was breastfeeding, including the smell. I did try him on SMA gold once and my god were his poos smelly- now I'm too scared to try any other formula just incase it happens again.

ASD123456 said:
Rudy is on Aptamil too and his poos haven't changed since I was breastfeeding, including the smell. I did try him on SMA gold once and my god were his poos smelly- now I'm too scared to try any other formula just incase it happens again.

I think a lot of it depends on what they're used to. I'm sure a lot of it is due to the change and adjusting rather than the milk itself. Becky has been on SMA gold since moment 1 and they've never smelled. C&G comfort now there's another story :puke: just the thought of it makes me want to retch.

Weaning, well, that's a whole other kettle of fish :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back