Constipation/changing milk

Snuggle

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have had Maddison on SMA Gold up til now but she gets so constipated (even with cooled boiled water evey day!) that I have decided to switch to Cow & Gate Comfort. Apparently this is easier on babies digestive systems. Does anyone use this and how do you find it? :hug:

Yep we changed from SMA Gold to Comfort for the same reasons and the relief was immediate.

Word of warning though....Comfort poo is really runny and stinks like rotten eggs! :lol:

ewww minxy!

I dont use the comfort one snuggle, I have used the cow and gate premium and now use the plus as shes a hungary girl.

But i recommend cow and gate in general as I have had no problems with it for either kids.

Good luck and hope it gets sorted soon as she must be feeling rotten.

LOL at the rotten eggs! Will be letting DH do the nappies me thinks :wink:
mrs_tommo, she strains so hard to poo and goes bright red, I feel so bad for her :( Hope this sorts her out :hug:

awww... i tried the cow and gate comfort for a different reason -it can help with colic etc but i found it didnt help us, and the poos and trumps really do smell!! Its worth it if it works though...good luck xx

We went from SMA to just normal Cow&Gate for similar reasons Snuggle, and Isaac was fine on it, I'm not sure if the comfort one takes a while to prepare?? I may be wrong though! I hope the change helps her toilet goings on no matter which you choose, very best wishes :hug:

Redshoes said:
We went from SMA to just normal Cow&Gate for similar reasons Snuggle

Same here, we went to Cow and Gate - the green ones with number 1 on them, I think that's just normal Cow and Gate. I buy them in cartons as we don't use them that often, so I don't know that much about them :)

i switched to C&G Comfort as SMA Gold made Iain very constipated n aptimil made him very sick on 1st try so that was a waste.

Anyway Iain was fine on the C&G Comfort up until he was 8 wks when he got blood thru his stools and a serious nappy rash which turned into thrush however we didnt think it was anything to do with the milk socarried on using it.

Iain was attending the hosp since the start of the bleeding (8wks) for test to try find out where it was coming from they decided at 16 wks that he may of had a daily intolerence so gave him special milk which made him worse so i stopped giving him it after 2 days.

SO ..... when he was 16wks I changed him to Farley's 1st milk n OMG wot a difference bleeding stopped after a few days n nappy rash cleared up within a wk! So it turns out it was the milk grrrrrrrrrr..

He's now a totally dfferent baby much much happier!

Wouldnt recommend C&G Comfort to anyone! but thats prob just thru my bad experience.

Sorry for the BIG Story :D

Hi all,
Thank you for replies. We have switched to the C & G Comfort and OMG!! The poos are horrendous :shock: I dont think I've ever smelt anything so bad :? We are not staying with the Comfort though, we are going to use C & G Premium. The Comfort seems to be really thick and she isnt taking to it (its taking over an hour for her to take 4/5oz) :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back