• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

For those who've had their waters broken

jools02

Reaction score
I know I've asked this in 3rd tri but thought I might get a few more experiences in here. I'm expecting baby no 2 and I'm going to be induced by having my waters broken tomorrow. I know how they do it and everything, but just wanted to know your experiences, i.e, did you go straight into having contractions, did you end up having a quick labour etc...

Many thanks

:wave:

i had my waters broke at 4ish , they didnt warn me lol they were doing an internal to see if i was gonna have the pressary or not ( remember i was only 34 weeks) but i was 2 cm gone and she just burst them :shock:

i had drip put in at 6 but it was leaking so they fixed it at 8 . contractions came at 3 mins apart straight away .

he was born at 12.31 :D no pain releif lol

after the actual waters breaking tho i only had mild period pains

Oh thanks for answering. So are you automatically put on a syntocinon (sp) drip after they break your waters? Because I had one of these last time and couldn't cope with the pain as it made the contractions too strong too quick. If so, will they give me an epidural before the drip if I request it? (I've already decided I want one anyway - I had a traumatic time last time!)

I had my waters broken and contractions started pretty much straightaway and then they put in a drip - she was born in 3 hours. I didn't have an epidural so I can't comment on that.

I had my waters broken. I was ok for about an hour then the period type pains started and just got stronger and stronger, LO was born just after midnight. They broke my waters about 3pm.

I had my waters broken and then had to walk around for two hours... (or at least keep mobile) then I was put on the drip to induce.

i had 3 lots of prostin before having my waters broken. the latter started my contractions but i was put on syntocinon 3 hours later. they kept asking me what i wanted for pain relief and i'm sure they'd have given me an epidural sooner had i asked for it. but being a bloody idiot i thought i could handle the pain... :roll: :roll: if i'm induced next time (can't believe i'm thinking about the next one :shock:) i'll have an epidural straight away... good luck hon :hug: :hug: :hug:

i had my waters broke at 2.35pm, the drip at aboput 3pm, pains started straight away, when i was on the top dose of the drip i was having 6 contractions in 10 mins!! I had gas and air - wanted an ep but was too late as i went from 4cm to 9cm when i was being examined, Caitlyn was born at 19.51. so just short of 5 and half hours!!

With Brody they broke my waters to induce me and I walked around for a couple of hours and started.

With Riley it was shocking! They broke my waters and I went straight into full blown labour and had him 1 hr 20 mins later, no drip, nothing! :shock:

I had my water broken all 3 times but not to induce me!
We I was in labour with my first son and it was progressing slowly so they broke my waters and put me on the drip!
TBH I cant really remember much about it!? Thanks to the diamorphine :roll: :(

jools02 said:
Oh thanks for answering. So are you automatically put on a syntocinon (sp) drip after they break your waters? Because I had one of these last time and couldn't cope with the pain as it made the contractions too strong too quick. If so, will they give me an epidural before the drip if I request it? (I've already decided I want one anyway - I had a traumatic time last time!)

My labour was progressing slowly so they wanted to break my waters and give me the dreaded drip. I requested an epidural before they gave me the drip which they did happily. I have never had the drip before, but I had heard bad things about it and I didn't want to risk being in unbareable pain. Having the epi first was a great decision I feel, I really enjoyed my labour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back