For those of you that have done this before

Mrs.s

Reaction score
Probably a stupid question but......Will I know the difference between like the twinges you get when the baby is pushing/moving down and labour twinges?!?! Is there a distinct difference?

Probably a stupid question but......Will I know the difference between like the twinges you get when the baby is pushing/moving down and labour twinges?!?! Is there a distinct difference?

Well I don't seem to know! But once you get to a certain point in labour, there's no denying it. At the start though, I'm not so sure :s sorry for a crap answer!

yeah i keep asking my friends etc as i wanna know if i gonna know when im in labour and what i get told is i will defo know when it starts!! im clueless hun so can comment sorry xx

Lol sounds like everyone is wondering :)

I mean I know that when it's full blown there will be no denying it :) just thought I would see if anyone could tell if there is a difference between the other stuff!!

i would say you will know when you are in established labour, but everyone is different and so is everyones pain threshold, but majority of women know when its the real deal. I must admit i have gone in with baby bouncing on my bladder i thought my waters were leaking, they said i'm not the 1st and wont be the last that was with my 4th, they even said alot of women go in with constapation and trapped wind. so again no panic, i actually rang ambulance with my 3rd wasn't sure but as my waters had been gone since 22 weeks and i was 33 weeks then thought i best be safe than sorry, well i was in labour and had sat on his head for the 20 min ambulance journey. so even though i am on my 6th and you would think i am an expert I am not and i still panic that i wont know. so you are not alone

I've not done this before, but I can honestly say the twinges are so misleading! 1 and a half weeks ago I lost so much plug, and more all this week (no denying that's what it was as it was pink and snot like) and I had 2 evenings of what I thought were contractions to the point where I was in the shower on all fours! But NO (excuse my stressyness lol I'm just fed up) it's enough to drive you mad isn't it?!

I've not done this before, but I can honestly say the twinges are so misleading! 1 and a half weeks ago I lost so much plug, and more all this week (no denying that's what it was as it was pink and snot like) and I had 2 evenings of what I thought were contractions to the point where I was in the shower on all fours! But NO (excuse my stressyness lol I'm just fed up) it's enough to drive you mad isn't it?!

:( ahh lexi I can imagine you have had enough now with all your goings on! I would be huffy if I was you, Im huffy now cos I'm so big and uncomfortable I will be killing people in 3weeks fact!!!! Lol

Why we need is something like the cigarette-bus thing, you wait ages for a bus and then ou light your cigarette and one turns up!!!!! Lol obv with no harmful smoke though!!! :)

I can honestly say that if this was my 1st baby I'd have been to the hospital in false labour at least 3 times cos the twinges I've had have been that bad-u forget just how painful the real thing is but all I remember from havin my youngest is gettin excited over twinges all day then gettin a proper contraction and thinkin 'shit,now I remember!' xx

I can honestly say that if this was my 1st baby I'd have been to the hospital in false labour at least 3 times cos the twinges I've had have been that bad-u forget just how painful the real thing is but all I remember from havin my youngest is gettin excited over twinges all day then gettin a proper contraction and thinkin 'shit,now I remember!' xx

Hehe ok I'm just gonna not think about it anymore :rofl:

I didnt have twinges before hand, mine just came FULL PELT! x

False labours are mean.
But how do you tell the difference tho?

False labours are mean.
But how do you tell the difference tho?

I suppose time will tell really. Just do the pills and bath routine and if it's getting worse it's not a practice anymore!

I just knew, for about a week b4 i went in to labour i had stringy snotty shows and just genrally unconfey

then i went to bed to wake up at 2.30am with pains every 6 minutes ............ did this for 3 hours at home then went to loo and a big gushh, lost a big plug (was shocked at the size of it much bigger then thought it would be) then when to hozzy i was 5 cm still waters hadnt gone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back