• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

For mums of little boys

beth3735

Reaction score
Hi this may sound really daft but when you were carrying your little boy did you notice the hairs on your legs grow faster and thicker? Im only asking as i have had 2 Girls and never noticed this in a pregnancy, But this pregnancy i seem to be looking like a monkey first thing in the morning.

I have heard but not sure if its an old wives tale that if you carry a boy the male hormone makes your hair grow quicker??
Lmao not sure if im just after a blue bump a bit too much this time or if its true.

Feel free to call me daft im just interested hehe :rotfl:

I had a boy and When I was pregnant the hairs on my legs hardly grew, it was fantastic :lol: and my eyebrows didn't grow as quick aswell so I only had to have them waxed every 2 months instead of every month :D :D

Never heard that one before hun :think: my hair just grew the same as it always has done

i was amazed i hardly had to shave my legs and i was carrying boys on all 3 pregnancys..

I noticed mine grew really slowly when I was having Nathan and I hardly had to shave my legs at all.

What time of year were you carrying your girls?

Your hair grows faster in Summer :D

lmao it must be my wanting a blue bump taking over, :roll: only got around 8 weeks to wait till i find out :cheer: maybe im just becoming a chimp :rotfl:

i hardly shaved my legs durin pregnancy but they were very strong buggers comin back when i had shaved lol

Minxy said:
What time of year were you carrying your girls?

Your hair grows faster in Summer :D

I had one girl born in July and one born in December. Then Nathy was born in February and I hardly grew any hair. I wonder if theres anything in it? I'd never really thought about it before.

I never noticed any difference to when I wasn't pregnant to be honest. :)

ive got a little boy, and i hardly needed to shave during the pregnancy. they grew really slowly

Well we know that I am carrying a boy and I wake up in the morning, I'm like a monkey. I don't know how I am going to cope as I get bigger but I don't remember having the same problem when I was carrying my daughter.... but then I think that it is also an old wives tale...but for me it is true.

I got darker, longer hairs on my tummy whilst carrying Isaac, they're still there actually :lol: but like others, rarely had to shave my legs, sending a bit of blue team your way :wink: very best wishes with your pregnancy :hug:

My hair grew like a yeti! All of it! Now Will's been born, it's slowed down so much that I have hardly had to shave/wax at all! It's fantastic!

to be honest i never took much notice.

Kazz

I was a hairy one! Even my face hair got thicker and darker! :oops: I also got a lot of spots and greasy skin and hair! My doctor told me this was all because I was having a boy but I'm not sure! He did ask me if I was having a boy before he told me that though! :lol: :think:

now i didn't notice this either although i found i shaved my legs more often purely for the fact i was visiting the midwife regularly especially in the end, where as if no one was going to see my legs i wouldn't have bothered!! :lol:

Nope, sorry, quite the opposite... my hairs grew slower than normal. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back