For mums 2b in March 2006.....Question time for Aug 2005

fayebalina

Reaction score
I know this is early in the month so if you are new to the site or have just found this page feel free to answer any questions you havnt already from our July page....you can even add them to the beginning of these if you wish :p
You can start each month with your name, age, location and due date if you wish....it just lets others know with out checking profiles and things lol

Here goes this lot of questions.........

1. Your partner's (if you have one) name and age?

2. You and your partners jobs (if applicable)?

3. Would you like to work during your pregnancy and soon after the birth or be a "stay at home mum"?

4. Have you experienced any cravings yet?

5. Have you told everyone you know or are you holding out?

6. Any weight gain (by using the scales and/or measuring your boobs, hips and waist)?

7. Favourite names?

8. Have you got any set dates or appointments this month (ie, scan)?

9. Have you had any emotional worries (ie capability, financial etc)

10. Any more on the symptom front?

Please only answer the questions you feel comfortable with and if there is any questions ask away :p

Nathan, 24

Im a healthcare assistant but starting college next month then on to uni to do.....guess what......? Midwifery lol. Nathan is an electrician.

3. Would you like to work during your pregnancy and soon after the birth or be a "stay at home mum"?
Well im gonna be at college throughout and for some time after, but i am also gonna work when I can, im with an agency so i choose what i work which is ideal!

Nope, i have wanted sweet things a few times but i go through that normally lol.

All our family members know, there are still a few friends we are waiting to tell after the 12 weeks is over!

6. Any weight gain (by using the scales and/or measuring your boobs, hips and waist)? I dont know in weight cos i have no scales but in inches i do.....I was:-
bust-34b, waist-26" hips- 36"
but now im
bust-36c, waist-35"(omg can u believe that!) hips- 37"

7. Favourite names?
Ashton for a boy, Jamie for a girl

Sat 13th Aug-My midwife is coming to see me, at home how great is that!
Mon 15th Aug- My first scan whoopee!!!!!!!!!
Thu 18th Aug- 12 Weeks pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!

Im not a vain person or anything like that but the weight gain has really got to me at times.......I think its because i have never put on weight before......im fine really though! :lol:

More bloatedness,
Dizzy....almost fainting a couple of times
Trapped wind
Urinating more (3 times a night!)
My skin is breaking out in spots

so all the good things lol

I love these - it's a good way of learning about each other!!

Nicko, darling husband of 7 years and he's 30 too.

He is self employed and designs hairdressing furniture and I am a Doula.

I am doing a few births in the next month but nothing after that. I intend to take a coule of years off for this baby and will work again when I feel I want to.

Allsorts of random cravings, jelly and ice cream, new potatoes, peaches!!!

We have told the whole world.

6. Any weight gain (by using the scales and/or measuring your boobs, hips and waist)?

No weight gain yet but then I already have plenty of stores!! And I haven't been eating as much as I would normally.

7. Favourite names?

Maisie and Rhys

Midwife 22nd Aug - 1st appointment with anyone and I will be nearly 13 weeks then!!!

All the time but blame it on my hormones and try not to worry about it!!

Tiredness has been at it's worse the last week or so but touch wood the last few days have been better. Boobs are looking fab which I am very proud about as I don't normally have any and sleeping on my front is now out of the question!!

Love to you all

Hi Everyone

Not been on for a while - great that the question thing is still going on! Here's mine!.........

Husband - Justin. Got married 20th Sept 2003. He is 31 same as me (only 6 days older!!)

Justin is a Senior Developer in I.T. I am a Business Development
Co-ordinator for a big construction company.

Dont mind working during pregnancy would probably get bored if I didnt. (although hate it when the tiredness strikes!!!) Would like to be a part-time stay-at-home mum but also work part-time. However with a big mortgage I will have to go back work! :cry:

Being a Weightwatchers 'Gold' member(!!!) I used to eat really healthly and enjoyed loads of veg and fruit etc - however since being pg cant stand the stuff. I seem to crave McDonalds (had 3 last week !! :oops: ) and I absolulty love chocolate now - whereas before I would only bother every few months. Every year my easter eggs have ended up in the bin - how I wish it were Easter now!!!!

Have told close family and friends and bosses at work due to having to have time off for scans every two weeks. Cant wait to tell everyone else!!!!!

Havent weighed myself but my boobs are definatly bigger and my belly is going hard.

7. Favourite names?
Tristan Lee / Heidi

Had 3rd Scan today - amazing I am 10 weeks and 2 days. He/she was kicking around and I could see the head, arms and legs - absolulty amazing - starting to look like a baby!!! would put the picture on here but have absolulty no idea how to do it!!!! No other appointments booked unless things happen again (keeping everything crossed it doesnt)

Was a bit worried about losing one wage - I love our house - just had it all done out with new kitchen, all new furniture and carpets etc so was a bit scared we wouldnt be able to afford it. Consoled myself by thinking that I dont know anyone who has lost their house due to having a baby.

No. Only had morning sickness on and off for about a week and a half. Boobs dont hurt anymore, a bit tender but nothing like they were, the tiredness got to me the most. Feel quite arsey most of the time but D/H reckons Im always like that!!!

Look forward to reading everyone elses!!!

L x

GARY 23

ELECTRICIAN

WORKING RIGHT UP HOPEFULLY THEN TAKING SIX FULL MONTHS OFF THEN GOING BACK PART TIME

FOR REALLY JUICY SWEETS

TOLD THE PEOPLE I WANT TO TELL

LOST 6 LBS BUT BOOBS ARE GETTING MASSIVE

7. Favourite names?
COILTCHE FOR A BOY OR GIRL IRISH

17TH OF AUGUST IS MY FIRST APPOINTMENT IM SO NERVOUS

WORRIED THAT I WONT BE A GOOD MUM BUT I HOPE THATS JUST HORMONES

SICKNESS, GOING TO THE TOILET ALOT, BIG TENDER BOOBS, REALLY EMOTIONAL, LOVELY CONSTIPATION STILL,
BUT ITS ALL WORTH IT I AM SO HAPPY,

Mark and he is also 30

I work in IT, he is a product manager

I dont mind working leading upto the birth, but wish to work part time hours after the babys here

I have a thing for Cheese and beetroot sandwiches at the mo!

Ive told anyone that will listen!

Last time I weighed myself I hadnt gained any weight, but boobs and waist are getting bigger

7. Favourite names?
Charlotte and William or Jack

Saw Midwife on sunday 14th for booking in, have first scan on 1st Sept, and another one at the end of sept cant remember what thats for at the mo

only really worried about something going wrong. not bothered about financial I believe you are never financially ready so why worry.

have started to suffer with sickness at ten weeks, dont like it. Thankfully tiredness seems to have passed now

Elvis Galaz Moreno ~22

Office Assistant for Real Estate office, His is construction

I will work throughout the pregnancy and maybe stay home for a short while after the baby.

CAn;t stay away from salsa. Love sweets. Anything with a punch in the taste buds. like sours salty things like that. can't stand things like bland foods.

have told co workers. have not told my family beacuse i want to wait till after 12 weeks. HAve told his family who is thrilled they wanted another baby.

have gained about 5 lbs. thanks to mexican food. gonna have to lay off.
7. Favourite names?
For a boy we like Israel Renee' for a girl we like Julianna Alejandra Estrella
None yet, just went to the doctor.
Worried about how it is gonoing to affect my 4 year old.
A little bit tired but it is passing. seems like i live in the bathroom.

Your partner's (if you have one) name and age?
Ross is 30

I work selling insurance for the Farmers Union and my Fiance is a trailer mechanic

I am glad to be working most of the time as i think otherwise the time would go even slower. I wouls love to be a stay at home mum as would Ross but sadly i have to go back to work a year after baby comes. Luckily my mum and ross mum are childminding for me so we wont have to worry about nursery costs.

Oh boy yes! Anything i normally love i hate and anything i normally hate i love. I cant stand anything spicy or smelly at the momant either (the smell of curry makes me ill) My fave thing at the moment is milk.

Most people know and as i am showing already i dont think we need to tell people now! Everyone is so happy for us as we were trying for a long long time!

Boobs have grown (ahhhh) which i hate as they are huge normally and now look like homing beacons! Waist about 4/5 inches bigger. Weight i dont know as i dont have scales.

7. Favourite names?
Aliesha for a girl and Jack for a boy (although we dont want this as its common we cant think of any others!)

Nope had one scan next scan is 5th Sept.

Yes all the time, i have no experience of babies whatsoever to think i may be a complete idiot. Also money worries me but as someone already said i dont think theres ever a right financial time for kids so wont worry too much.

Wind, weeing all the time, sick, dizzy, feinting , tired, mood swings...... but loving it all!

1. Your partner's (if you have one) name and age? Matt, 33

2. You and your partners jobs (if applicable)? Me - Admin support, DH RSPCA collection officer

3. Would you like to work during your pregnancy and soon after the birth or be a "stay at home mum"? Am working up to 2 weeks b4 birth and returning to work after 5/6 month - my mum's gonna be taking care of him/her!

4. Have you experienced any cravings yet? Cheese, chocco milk, umbongo juice drink, dr pepper

5. Have you told everyone you know or are you holding out? told mum, dad, my bro, some ladies at work, some guessed!

6. Any weight gain (by using the scales and/or measuring your boobs, hips and waist)? 5lb

7. Favourite names? Nathaniel or Natalie

8. Have you got any set dates or appointments this month (ie, scan)? waiting for my dating scan appointment.

9. Have you had any emotional worries (ie capability, financial etc) financial while on maternity pay and space in a one bed place!

10. Any more on the symptom front? no more, but previous ones getting less...

Angela

Daniel, 31

I am a IT Contracts Manager for a Telco in Australia, hubby is unemployed but worked in Facility and Catering Management! but by choice he has just left OZ and return to the UK to find work before I join him in 6 weeks time

I will not have a choice - I will be 18.5 weeks when I arrive in the UK so will be very hard to get a job - maybe a short term contract. Plus we are planning on having another one straight away

Red meat...but that has stopped now. Love peanut butter at the moment

All our families know and work..I am not one for keepign secrets

Yes! by week 6 I had put on about 2kg and up a cup size to 12DD. Have put a little bit more weight on by about 9 weeks but not any since then

7. Favourite names?
Not even thought of any yet

I had my NT scan yesterday. Have my last OB appointment on 15/9 before I come to the UK. Dont have a doctor or anything yet in the UK

Being apart from hubby for 7 weeks...moving countries has/is a bit stressful -worry about how my doggies will be flying all the way to London

Sore boobs
Peeing a lot
Spots
Early weight gain
all day sickness which thank goodness has stopped now

I am hoping to make some friends, will be moving to Chigwell, Essex so if anyone wants to make contact please do :)

My lovely husband is called Keith

We are both teachers in secondary schools.

Being a teacher I've managed to extend my maternity for an extra 2 months with my summer holidays! but will go back to work when little one is 6 months old.

I want chips a lot - but I think I'm just passing off my normal cravings for junk food as due to the pregnancy!

Told family only but letting the whole world know next week :D

Put on a bit of weight - just got measured for a new bra - that was a bit of a shocker from 36B to 40A?!?!

7. Favourite names?
Emily and Ben or Daniel

7th SEpt for first scan can't wait.

Still trying to convince myself I'm really pregnant, so haven't been able to worry much yet...

Slightly worried that it's only in the past 2-3 weeks that I've been struggling to keep the food down and yet all the books and magazines say the morning sickness should be going away now?!?

Caroline

I'm 24 and a first time mum...aargh!

Daz 24

Me: English Teacher Daz: Aircraft Engineer

I'm working throughout my pregnancy, hopefully upto wk 35/6 as this coincides with Feb half term. I will need to go back to work after the baby is born partly due to the gargantuan funds i'm sure it's gonna take to provide for our little chip, but also because i've just started my career and i love it! I'm the kind of gal that needs adult company and intellectual stimulation. Of course as everyone keeps saying this baby is gonna change my whole outlook so watch this space. I will be taking 6 months out though as i think the early months are crucial for bond building.

Salt&Vinegar Crisps, very strong cheddar, scones/cakes

Most people know, hubby and mum persuaded me at 11wks to spill the beans...just gotta tell work now!

Definite gainage on the tum although not as firm as i'd like. Boobs still growing slowly but definitely firmer. Added bout 3/4 lbs to the scales since finding out! Hope it comes on slowly and goes off quickly.

7. Favourite names?
Massive dilemma. Hubby and i cannot agree but at least we've gotta while to think about it. If we find out the sex that'll make it twice as easy!

Had first scan 24/8, got anomoly scan on 12/10.

Very worried about my ability as a mum...not had any close contact with babies all my life as i'm the youngest and part of a small family. Just hope my confidence grows and i stop putting myself down. Money is always going to be a worry but it's all relative - who cares if i can't have that Louis Vuitton changing mat!

Nausea all through first trimester. Now very indigested, constantly burping etc. Also emotional, fiery, tired and wlaking as if my bump is the size of a small elephant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back