Foot Spa

Bella2

Reaction score
Okay this might sound like a daft question but does anyone know if you can use a foot spa when pregnant? I've done some googling but some sites say it can bring on early labour due to the pressure points on your feet which make your uterus contract, obviously early labour is not a problem for me at 8 weeks lol but is there any chance of miscarriage? x x

i asked about this around christmas time too as hubby did plan on buying me one .... until he read the box and it said not for use in pregnancy

I still dont really know what the deal is with them....some say the pressure points thing but obviously not till later on in pregnancy, also there is something to do with some of the essential oils that people use in them.

thanks hon, well if it says not to use in pregnancy on the box then perhaps I'll give it a miss then to be on the safe side.... x

I would love one :( , apparently there are certain pressure points your feet that can trigger contractions , I heard this in my antenatal classes last year . Also I think its something to do with essential oils , as some of they are not suitable for pregnant women . Pity though .

I used my foot spa when i was in the early stages of pregnancy and never had any problems . The points on your feet that correspond to your ovaries and uterus are just below your ankle....

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_z_PrA1YOc...fVHXVB6bqPg/s1600/Reflexology_Foot_Chart2.gif (middle and bottom pic)

Tbh I didnt really feel like these areas were stimulated with the foot spa. I know they put the warnings on them but i think its more precaution rather than anything else. Just go with what you feel comfortable with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back