Foods That Wont Give me Heartburn?

littlemiss83

Reaction score
:wave:

I've had like extreme heartburn, as in, wana throw myself off a bridge bad. I've not eaten a meal in days & i've been physically sick with hunger pains, no matter what I eat it makes it worse, so what exactly can I eat?

Does anyone have any suggestions for meals/large snacks. I'm bloody starving & its making me grumpy.

MW wasn't exactly very sympathetic, all she said was try to avoid fruit & fruit juice.

Oh and i've been taking gaviscon.

:wall2:

Aaawww hun that sounds awful

If you can have dairy ok get low fat milk (1% fat, skimmed I think) and see if that helps. Bran is meant to be good for heartburn as i suppose it soaks up the acid so you could try just having bran cereal with low fat milk and see how you go. There are quite a few sites that list safe/unsafe foods for heartburn but obviously you have to include pregnancy do's and don't's too

Hope you feel better soon xxxxxxxxxxx

I can't think of more alkaline foods than milk and bananas..... You'll hate me, this must be the last thing you want to eat!

aww hun it's rotten isn't it! I've been like this, as your MW says avoid fruit and fruit juice, I found milk, bread, anything starchy and fairly plain, jacket potato and cheese seemed to go down ok. As did macaroni cheese or pasta. These seem to soak up excess acid a bit and stop it getting worse. If you can get gaviscon advance on prescription then this works really well! I've taken buckets of the stuff! Sorry not to be more help, but I do feel your pain! It's horrid! Hope you're feeling better soon hun,
Hugs
Lib

What kinda things do you eat normally??

I know my gran used to get puzzled as to why my cousins mince n tatties didnt give her heartburn but any other lot did - but K used to put brown sause in hers - guess it took some of the acidity out.

What about creamy things like pasta in sauce?

xxx

I'm eating alot of dairy and find I'm
Not suffering too much so maybe try dairy things? X

Thanks everyone

Got gaviscon advance - and I only eat bland foods as it is like cereal bread chicken, rice ect, and I dont tough anything thats spicy coz I hate it.

Milk is a godsend & i have one of those tiny cartons (with the screw lid) I fill it up every day and take it out with me, it really works. But I really soon get fed up drinking it.

Creamy stuff sounds great i'd forgotton about it and i was thinking eggs coz i love eggs.

:)

scrambled egg would work, toast, cake, milk, yoghurt especially those bio ones or greek style.

mmmmm cake sounds good - thats the best thing i've heard all day!!

Good excuse to nip into greggs....thanks

:lol:

I get it a lot at the moment. I have not been clever enough to do a food diary to work out what kicks it off most, but I do find spicy food, fizzy drinks, apple juice and coffee for me can spark it.

I get it a lot less when I have bland stodge- sausage rolls, sandwiches (cheese salad), shepherds pie and veg etc.

try doing a food diary and at end of each day put the level of heartburn you have had and hopefully you will find your culprits quicker! Think im gonna deffo do it!

Claire
http://pregnantpessimist.blogspot.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back