Folic acid and pregnacare?

lisa205

Reaction score
Hi.

My Doctor has put me on folic acid 400mgs.

I was wondering, Is it safe to also take pregnacare?
Can you take too much fo;ic acid?

Should i wait until my 12th week when i finish the folic to take the pregnacare?

Sorry for all the questions :wall:

Lisa

Apparently it's fine to take shedloads of folic acid, same as how it's okay to keep taking it after 12 weeks even tho you don't have to. But check with your GP if you're concerned.

My doctor prescribed me folic acid too but i wasnt sure if it was safe to take it aswell as my pregnacare tablets so im just sticking with the pregnacare as that contains everything an expectant mum needs.

Women at high risk of babies with spina bifida can take up to 4g of folic acid (4 GRAMS not micrograms) so you should be fine.

My tablets are back from when the RDA was 300ug so I am taking 2 of those a day. They say that studies have been performed on women taking up to 1,000ug (1mg) or folic acid daily and it was reported safe up to those levels but they reckon above that is fine too, there's just no scientific evidence to support it.

So in short, the more folic acid the better :dance:

I have been put on 5mg of folic acid as im high risk but i have also beein taking Pregnacare as i need Vitamin D.

Is this safe?

I've been given extra folic acid to take as well as my multi vitamin and a high dose of vitamin d.... midwife said to take them all together.

Hi im on my 3rd pregnancy just fount out about 6-7 weeks my eldest is 14 and my youngest is 9 so all been a while,I'm waiting 4 my 1st midwives appt but other then that want 2 make sure I'm doin the right things eating drinking vitamins these pregnacare tablets never took them previously iv just turned 30 aswell so all was different when I was pregant before good advice needed thanks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back