Flying whilst pregnant?

pacha

Reaction score
No I cant actually fly...I meant in a plane :D My friend has invited me to her house in Spain either April or May but Im unsure when you need to stop flying??

Most airlines will allow you to fly until 27 (I think) weeks after which you'll need a letter from your doctor and confirmation from the airline. It's best to check with who you're flying with but I travelled up to 24 weeks with my job when I was pregnant with DD and had no problems.

Have a nice holiday! :cheer:

Last edited:
we were meant to be going on holiday in Feb, I'd be about 10 weeks. We've decided to cancel, I don't think the risks are that high but as my parents said...if anything did happen because of the flight or being abroad and not getting the right sort of medical help it would be too late.

xx

I flew to Cyprus on holiday when I was 20 weeks and it was one of the best holidays I have ever had.........had a wonderful and relaxing time.

You can officially travel upto 28 weeks with most airlines, and most insurance companies will insure you until this time too! After 28 weeks you need to get a doctors certificate in order to travel.

I wouldnt hesitate going on holiday again whilst being pregnant (in fact there were another 2 pregnant ladies at the hotel where we stayed).

When I first became pregnant someone commented that just because you are pregnant it doesnt mean you are made of glass.......I thought it was a very good point!

Hi hun

I think each airline is different, and some require doctors notes, I flew back from NZ when I was 28 weeks without any problems, didnt need a note etc.....

I'm flying in a couple of weeks and again in February for my job. I'll be 26 weeks by then which is fine apparently. You just need to check with the airline as rules differ (some allow you to fly up to 35 weeks with a doctors note) and you should probably check if its an issue with your holiday insurance as well. Have fun though, a bit of time in the sun will be great.

Travelling when Pregnant
If I am pregnant, can I still fly?
Different airlines apply different rules to women who wish to fly during pregnancy. Thomson Airways will carry expectant mothers according to the following regulations:

For uncomplicated single pregnancies, return travel with Thomson Airways must be completed by 36 weeks for shorthaul, and 34 weeks for long haul.
For multiple pregnancies (e.g. twins), Thomson Airways will carry expectant mothers up to 32 weeks.
Other airlines may only allow travel up to the 28th week. Thomson Airways will require a note from your doctor or midwife if you will be over 28 weeks pregnant when you are due to fly. This note should state your date of confinement pregnancy is uncomplicated, and you are fit to fly. Please ensure you have insurance cover for the entire trip as many policies cover only up to the 28th week.

pacha said:
No I cant actually fly...
as all of the other ladies have answered... all i can think is that would be an awesome power to get when pregnant.
Easy to get to all those doctors appointments and stuff haha.
xx

I went to morocco when 13 weeks pregnant and was fine! If you are going somewhere long haul you need to think about keeping moving as you are more likely to get DVT but otherwise there are no risks as far as I know. As Spain is in Europe that is not an issue.

All I did extra was to check my yearly travel insurance covered pregnant women (which it did) and made note of a nearby clinic I could go to if there was an issue when I was away (more to do with where I was going really - spain will be fine!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back