flying on domestic flights with baby

Fiona

Reaction score
my dh and dd and I are planning to go to Glasgow to see all my extended family in august... we are flying with easyjet and they have said on their website that babies do not need photo i.d. if travelling with an adult with a passport....

Is that right ? DH says that she definately needs a passport. He thinks the rules have changed but the webiste hasn't been updated !! I think he has dreamt it :rotfl: :rotfl:

has anyone done a uk domestic flight with a baby on board easyjet and if so, did they need any kind of i.d. at all ??

would be great if she doesn't, save the price of having to get a passport this year. :) :)

I came from Belfast to the scottish meet on flybe and all I brought was a birth certificate and Willows bounty pack ID card. That's all you need, i checked online beforehand, however check with the airline as there is a chance it may differ- it shoul say on your printout when you book your tivkets

I flew to Jersey about a montha ago...

1) they didnt even see her :roll:

2) I just took a birth cert. but the website you only nrrd a gardian to vouch for them,

I rang the help desk twice so I got two opinions and they said I didnt need anything.

I only flew on a provisional licence :lol:

http://www.easyjet.com/b2b/EN/book/regu ... ml#infants

"13 Infants and children

Special ID requirements

Children under 16 years of age travelling on UK, Italian, Spanish, or French domestic flights can travel without photo identification provided that they are travelling with an accompanying adult."

I'm sure they would have updated the site if it wasn't the case now. You could always print that page and take it along just in case!

Its an internal flight, not going outside the British Isles so passports are not needed. I've used a drivers licence (with photo) in the past for ID to check in when flying to Scotland.

I'd think your LO will be fine without a PP.

Maisie and I have flown to Glasgow from East Midlands a couple of times (I am from up there) and she has never needed anything.

WE flew with bmibaby, they were really helpful on the plane too getting us nice seats and stuff :D

thanks girls........ as usual you have been so helpful and solved my dilema.. what would I do without you :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back