• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Flexible working

To be eligible for working tax credits you have to work at least 16 hours a week so depending on what you think your household income may be it may be worth making sure you still work 16 hours.

And it will depend on your company policy - mine stated that part time meant half the hours worked of a full time equivalent.

Although, thinking about it now employment law states that ANY request for flexible working (whatever hours) has to be taken seriously, so not sure how that works :think: tbh, I didn't question it because I was happy with half the hours.

I had a real battle with my work (threats of an employment tribunal on my part :roll: ) If you haven't already, can I suggest using one of the forms from the gov website, http://www.berr.gov.uk/employment/worka ... index.html
It will just help, IF things go a bit pear shaped, that you've followed gov guidelines.

Good luck :D (can we ask what business you are trying to set up? :fib: )

Fluffy Bunny said:
Good luck :D (can we ask what business you are trying to set up? :fib: )

All in good time! I will tell you all soon! Don't want to jinx it!

Valentine Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back