First scan?

JoAnn&Aimee

Reaction score
I am 13 weeks and have still to hear about the scan! I am seeing that a lot of people have gotten their first scans before week 13 and I am getting a little anxious about it. Since I found out about the baby that is what I have been waiting for.
I am seeing my midwife on Wednesday and I will be asking her when to expect it but I have a feeling that she won't be able to give me any answers as it will probably be the hospital who deals with these things.

Try ringing your ultrasound department directly? Thats what i did, id never have known about my appointment otherwise! They never sent me out a card!

It may be you don't get a 12 week scan in your area and its a wait till a 20 week one.

My scans are booked by my MW, but I did phone the unit myself and booked my 20 week one, as MW was away for a few weeks.

i agree hun ring your local birth hospital and see what they say :)
manda xx

There may be a waiting list - where I am there is and I wasn't getting my 12 weeks scan until I was 16 weeks. Luckily I got it at 13 weeks as I was admitted to hospital

Give the ultrasound dept a call

:x I phoned and the woman just hung up on me. So I phoned back and she did the same again! :cry:

Hopefully the MW can chase up your appointment if you are due one around 12 weeks. If not it may be a wait till 20 weeks

:hug:

I am planning to speak to the midwife about it. I am just so excited about getting a scan and finally being able to see this little thing that is keeping me up all night with sickness! hehe

My GP booked my scan for me
She rung them up and i had an early reassurence scan at 10 half weeks. then after that the i had a scare at 16 weeks and my a GP agian booked the scan for me. my 21 week scan was booked through the hospital and i had a letter telling when it was. Ive only seen my midwife once to check blood and urines at 12 half weeks i see her agian at 24/25 weeks. so ive had more contact through GP Mabye ring them. My GP also booked my appointment to see the midwife.

I'd get on to your midwife about it, maybe she can chase it up for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back