First response tests need alternatives.

Mrsbridge17

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am starting to think that first response are not what they once were?! I got a squinter earlier on today but I feel like I could run it in water and there would be a line too! Also they are so expensive to just be disappointed all the time. I’ve looked on amazon but was hoping you guys might be able to point me in the right direction of some good cheapies. Bonus if they come along side OPK too xx

Hi everyone!

I am starting to think that first response are not what they once were?! I got a squinter earlier on today but I feel like I could run it in water and there would be a line too! Also they are so expensive to just be disappointed all the time. I’ve looked on amazon but was hoping you guys might be able to point me in the right direction of some good cheapies. Bonus if they come along side OPK too xx

FRER's have never steered me wrong. I went through about ten over the 15th months and never had anything even close to a line (just stark white) until I was actually pregnant.I'd honestly be shocked if anyone found a dud one.

In terms of cheapies the ones I used if my period hadn't arrived by day 14 were made by a company called Dragoskandia. They were also very good. I used loadsss of those and never had a false positive.

I use one step but they do occasionally show shadows that can get your hopes up! But you definitely do know a real line when you see it! Their ovulation tests have been great for me! So cheap on eBay xxx

Thank you both. I’ve never usually had a bad experience with FRER but I’ve had 3 chemicals now and I’m just very optimistic of any line x

Thank you both. I’ve never usually had a bad experience with FRER but I’ve had 3 chemicals now and I’m just very optimistic of any line x
Do you test early? I know it’s hard not to but maybe you need to test a week after af is due? I can’t be that patient myself tbh but it might take the heartbreak away from chemicals? Xxx

Do you test early? I know it’s hard not to but maybe you need to test a week after af is due? I can’t be that patient myself tbh but it might take the heartbreak away from chemicals? Xxx

From the day AF is due usually, I wasn’t too sure if I was due on yesterday or Friday this month so decided to test on both days xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back