First Pregnancy!!

chrystaltips

Reaction score
Hi :wave:

My name's Bryony. I'm 30 and my boyfriend's 28 and we've been together for over 4 years. We both live in London and work as scientists, me for the NHS in leukaemia diagnostics and him in paediatric research.

Found out we're expecting our first baby last week. I'm only 4 weeks 1 day so it's early days yet. It was a big shock :shock: as it wasn't exactly planned but we're both excited.

Feeling tired and keep having period type cramps as well as backache and sore bbs but no sickness - yet. Also keep feeling like I need to poo (sorry if tmi).

The main thing I'm conscious of though is that my heart seems to be beating faster/harder and I'm light headed and noticing my breathing more, almost like I've had major a caffeine overload. I've read it's just to do with the changes in hormones raising your metabolism. Is it only me or has anyone else noticed all the small things?

Congrats to all you fellow new mums-to-be and please pray it's a sticker for me.

Baby glue to you all

Bryxx

Hun welcome to the forum and congratulations! Why dont u pop in the symptoms topic and the 1st tri and im sure we'll be able to compare early signs! :hug:
I felt funny too with my first, its just your body going thru some mega changes and it has to get used to it!!

Hiya :wave:
Welcome to the forum - see you in first tri
Lots of baby glue for you too
Em

I got a fsater heartbeat and palpatations a couple of times when I first found out, I was about 5 weeks. They only lasted a few days and that was it. I used to lie down when it happened and would go away wthin a few minutes.
Good luck, Jo.

Oh my god me too, I didn't realise it was a pregnancy thing, just thought it was me :) welcome and congratulatuons

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back