First hypnobirthing session toay :)

elisesmum

Reaction score
I Had my first hypnobirthing session today and i am very much looking foward to the rest of it, did the rainbow relaxation and nearly fell asleep but it was lovely, we have decided to do it with another couple but actually looking foward to doing all the course now :) xx

That's great news, I'm going to do hypnobirthing too so it's great to know you're enjoying it x

I've just started to think about hypnobirthing hun, can I ask how the course is run? Is it a one to one thing normally and does it cost alot of money (if you don't mind me asking) x

Cosmic i am more than enjoying it already as my hypnobirthing teacher is lovely and in the past 4 weeks that i have known her has gone out of her way to help me,

Sarah course i don't mind you asking, I think it depends on your teacher if its one to one or in a group, my teacher does both but think most will do both too, if you go on the hypnobirthing website they have the list of teachers in your area and some have there own website, at first my teacher wanted to do me one to one but was charging me the same as group sessions because of complications but after a few pre-sessions we have decided that were more than happy to do it in a group as the other couple want to meet new people, in my area it costs 350 for one to one sessions or 250 in a group but its only costing me 150 as my teacher has a special offer on, think it may vary on what area your in xx

Thanks so much for sharing Elsiesmum, I'll definately be enquiring about it first thing after the weekend.

I'm quite a nervous person at the best of times so anything that'll keep me and baby chilled during
what is bound to be a stressful situation has to be a good thing!

Good luck with the rest of your sessions, I'd love to know how you're getting on!

Thanks again, Sarah x

Just to say I did hypnobirthing with cd's and I stayed calm throughout labour, no screaming or shouting just deep breathing. I breathed the baby out they said. Midwives commented on how amazing I was and wished all labouring women were like me. I like to be in control in general so it was great for me to have some tools and visualisations to help. In fact my visualisation totally changed during labour but still it really worked. Go for it! X

Just to say I did hypnobirthing with cd's and I stayed calm throughout labour, no screaming or shouting just deep breathing. I breathed the baby out they said. Midwives commented on how amazing I was and wished all labouring women were like me. I like to be in control in general so it was great for me to have some tools and visualisations to help. In fact my visualisation totally changed during labour but still it really worked. Go for it! X

The more I hear about it the more I definately want to do it!
Thanks Poppy, it sounds much less scary when you put it like that! x:)

I'd love to do hypnobirthing, but I don't have the attention span to stick to just doing cds by myself, and the courses in my area cost a fortune :( I wish someone here was doing a special offer! Oh well :(

I did a birth story( a very very long one) I tried to describe the hypno breathing at work. It's in birth announcements 'birth of gwen' or something. I just listened to cd's on my iPod mainly at night in bed, I didn't concentrate on them most of the time and fell asleep a lot too. I also got the maggie Howell book, found it very interesting and it all makes sense when you read it. The whole process was also to help me be calm about the thought of labour during the pregnancy too, this is where it helped most of all.

there's a really affordable online hypnobirthing course on hypnobirthingdownloads and they also have mp3s for pregnancy and birth. The course seems a great, cheaper alternative to group or private classes, only costs £44.99 with videos, info sheets and mp3s included. Def worth checking out.

there's a really affordable online hypnobirthing course on hypnobirthingdownloads and they also have mp3s for pregnancy and birth. The course seems a great, cheaper alternative to group or private classes, only costs £44.99 with videos, info sheets and mp3s included. Def worth checking out.

I think this constitutes advertising, which isn't allowed on this forum, as your only two posts are both advocating this course.

Last edited:
I also did hypno birthing with this birth. I didn't attend any classes, just bought a book for my kindle & listened to the CDs at bedtime. Most of the time I fell asleep during the CDs so didn't think I'd taken anything in. But during my birth I listened to the CD & was so calm & relaxed I was almost asleep! The midwives / doctors kept asking if I wanted pain relief as the contractions were measuring really high but I was barely flinching throughout. They all looked really shocked! I was so "zoned out" that one of the new midwives that came in thought I had been given strong pain relief!! I really enjoyed the experience & would definitely recommend trying it out! Xxx

I'm Reading the book n listening to the cd, it's great, but I fall asleep mainly when I listen to the cd, I must be relaxed xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back