First doctors appointment?????

Happy01

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've just recently signed up and have just being viewing other threads so far but after my first doctors appointment today I need some advice! My doctor asks me a couple of questions about my health worked out a rough due date(but said not to quote her on it), took my blood pressure and weigh, gave me a prescription fir filic acid even though I told her I was already taking it. She said she was sending a referral letter to the hospital and that I would have to come back again in 4 weeks. I tried to ask some questions but she just rushed through them!

She really made me feel like she didn't have time for me and couldn't wait to get me put of there! I feel really disappointed now and don't know what to do next!

Has anyone else had the same experience? What should I do now??

I have a doctor exactly like that, i tried to book my appointment today but cause my OH wants to come with, im to phone back on wed cause I need an afternoon appointment, and there has been 3 occasions where I phoned the doctors and ask specifically not to get her, so I advise that you phone back and ask for another doctor who can give better advice, cause trust me i know what its like to have a doctor that just want you in and out!

Thank you for your advice I have been feeling really down since the appointment cause I was just so excited about the appointment! I will give them a call and see if I can see someone else!

i was unhappy about my doctors appointment aswell, but then when i got to see my midwife first time i LOVED IT. she was adoreble! and made me feel special. so fingers crossed you will get a good MW experience.. :D

Did you get a letter out about you midwife appointment or did you have to call and make that? Sorry I know I sound clueless but I was just so shocked by my doctor this morning I didn't ask half of what I wanted to!

My doctors sent a letter to arrange my first MW appointment, but each practice is different. I'd give them a call and talk to the receptionist - they usually know more anyway!!

Congrats!

Thanks jenni I think your right! Thanks!

i still havent made my doctors appointment. I was taken to a&e the day i found out i was pregnant and was given an emergency scan (4+1weeks) and a follow up (6+1 weeks) so i have seen the heartbeat and everything already and have a pic. :D

My doctors are normally really good and ask you if you have any questions and give u leaflets and information sheets etc. when i have gone previously when i was ill or something. Quite lucky like that.

But i have heard lots of stories about doctors rushing u in and out to get through everyone. But in general Midwifes are the ones to ask all your questions to. :D

Try phoning back to get some more information.
Good Luck
x

You don't actually have to see doctor to confirm it. I didn't....

You can just go to a surestart centre need you and get midwife number and arrange an appointment that way, You get an hour long special on your first visit so you have loads of chances to ask questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back