First AF since MC

LucyR

Reaction score
I’ve just had m first AF it came six weeks after my miscarriage I bleed for 5 days started spotting and got heavier then I stopped five days later I’ve now started bleeding again there was no warning just full on straight away. I’ve also got pain in the top of my leg which I normally get with ovulation so now I don’t no what’s happening any one experience this?

I'm not sure sorry hun, I am waiting for my first AF at the moment. I have heard though that it can be up to 6 weeks or more after MC until AF (which is about right for you) and that it can be heavier and a bit all over the place. I think it is just your body returning to normal so try not to worry. I would say it probably isn't ovulation pain if you have had bleeding though. I think I am currently ovulating but I have intense pain in my lower back and lower abdomen which I normally get right before AF which is confusing me also. I just think I am associating every ache and pain with something but perhaps it isn't related at all. I am sure it is just your cycle and hormones returning to normal.

Yeah I no it’s just hard when your trying to get over it and cope and it’s just making it harder I think 4th miscarriage is definitely the worst x

Definitely! And I hate saying this because I sometimes get annoyed when people say it to me, but sadly it is true, any stress in your life can upset your period aswell. You are going through something incredibly stressful and difficult, it probably will mess with your cycle a bit. To me though it sounds good because you have had your AF now (even if it is all over the place at the moment) but the body is so good at bouncing back I am sure it will :)

Ok so it was the weirdest thing it was heavy this morning kind of felt a pop (sorry) but now there’s nothing and all the pains gone too x

Do you think it could have been a small amount of retained tissue coming out? Hopefully whatever it was it’s over now!

I really don’t know it was a gush of blood then nothing really since. I did have tissue in my period so maybe. After doing the dreaded google search I think it may have been a burst cyst but who will know lol

I was thinking burst cyst too, that would explain the popping sensation, keep an eye on yourself over the next few days if anything else strange happens maybe get yourself to the docs on Monday morning, wishing you a speedy recovery

Yep something always Seems to happen when I’m off work and I’ve got the week off next week lol but I will do thanks x

So I’m waiting for my second period currently 2 days late but hay periods are all over the place. I currently am exhausted and have sore boobs but other than that no sign of the witch

I have just finished my first AF since the MC. It was incredibly heavy first 2 days, medium flow the next day then spotting / non-existent for the next 2. So I am assuming all is reset and back to normal although I have no idea how this next cycle will play out. How are you? Has AF shown up? Are you going to TTC again soon or wait a while? xx

Oh really my first was quite light which I didn’t expect. Nope. No AF which makes me 4days late if my cycles have gone back to normal but who knows my body has been through so much in the last year I don’t know what’s normal any more. My OH wants me to test but I’m to scared to as I feel like I could come on at any moment. We haven’t been trying as such just not preventing I’ll hopefully start tracking ovulation and that when I get some tests results back got my last test next week so hopefully consultant appointment won’t be too long xx

I know what you mean, it is so daunting thinking about being pregnant at the moment but taking it one step and one day at a time. Weirdly I am focused on TTC and not thinking about the actual being pregnant bit and it seems to help.
Might be worth you taking a test when you are ready but I know it is hard not to get your hopes up if your period is a bit all over the place. Will be good for you to get that appointment though xx

Yeah it’s hard because of course I want to be pregnant and have a baby but on the other hand I don’t because I want answers for the past 4 times. I’m just feeling down as this weekend marks a year since I got my first BFP x

Aww I am sorry Lucy, that's got to be hard :hugs: those little reminders are not fun at all, it is only natural to feel down about it. It is really hard but we just got to keep going as best we can xx

Haha that’s all I do do plaster a smile on and get on with it xx

I think my AF my be coming have started have brown tinted cm sorry if tmi which of corse is great timing as I have an internal scan tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back