Finished Work Today!!

gemmap27

Reaction score
Well after my morning at parentcraft, I went into work for a couple of hours this afternoon. I said goodbye to most of the factory yesterday, but there was still the office staff this afternoon.

I did really well and didnt cry till I got home (which was so hard as everyone was lovely), also I am really gonna miss my boss, hes been a great boss (best one Ive ever had) and I feel like Ive left him in a mess (replacement is crap) but theres not much I can do about it now.

He bought a gorgeous babygro and hat and booties for the baby - One of the girls bought the baby the cutiest lamb teddy and the they had a collection and I had a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a cheque for £100. I really wasnt expecting all of that as I had only been there for 2 !/2 Years.

Its been hard saying goodbye because alot of people wont be there when I go back to visit with the baby or when I return to work. There have been alot of redundancies and most of them finish at the end of april.

I almost cried when my boss said he was gonna miss me and told him I was going to leave before he made me cry! I cried my eyes out when I got home. I am planning to go back in Novemeber but given the redundancy situation I may not have a job to go back to. This was the 2nd set of redundancies in 6 mths.

Cant Believe how fast this is all happening - It only feels like yesterday that I was telling them I was 11 weeks pregnant!!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
I felt exactly the same way when I left work, I was heart broken and doubting whether I was doing the right thing (I am not going back). But now that I have made the leap, I haven't looked back. The baby has become all consuming.
Give yourself time. Soon you wont care about work, you'll have such a beautiful little bundle to occupy your days. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back