Fingers crossed - Army related *UPDATED*

Princess_Puddles

Reaction score
My OH has gone for his Army selection today, its the last stage and he will be told tomorrow if they are going to offer him a job or not, I really don't want him to go for selfish reasons but I'm accepting it because its what he wants to do. I know there are a few ladies on here who's OHs are in the Army, how do you cope and normally how long are they away for at a time?

aww i really hope you get the outcome you really want then hun, it's a really good career :hug:

No army experience, but it is a bugger when OH is away - that i do know , ffs it is bad enough with night shifts. But as sarafet has said it is a good career, good luck. :hug:

Lisa

aww hun my OH has just applied for a paramedic course and if he gets on the course in april he'll be away for 7 weeks and if hes on the one in june it goes upto 15 weeks, and although i want him to get in i also dont as i dont want to be left on my own, i know my situation is diff cause once the course is done he'll be home so ill give you lots of :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: talk to him about it and make sure he knows your not 100% about it. :hug: :hug:

Ps. To anyone in the army or any of the forces, I found this website that supports them, they sells tshirts etc on his website http://www.samurai-infidel.com 10% of all online sales go into a fund which is then donated to victims hurt or familes of victims that have died in the line of duty. So anyone in the forces, if you could spread the word, the more people who know about it hopefully the more will go to victims/familes.

Thanks for your replies ladies. Well he got in, starts his 6 & half months basic training in March up at Catterick, North Yorkshire (Nearly 4hrs from me :( ) then after that he has 6 weeks pre deployment training in Pirbright, Surrey where he thinks he'll be based and then if everything goes ok with Iraq he goes out there in November :cry: I'm happy for him cause its what he wants to do but I'm so upset, I know I sound really selfish but I'm worried our relationship won't be able to stand it, he's not gonna be here for Birthdays, Christmas's and I'm a very family person so those times of the year I love being around my family, I keep getting horrible lil visions of him getting killed :-( I'm finally happy again and now I feel like I have to be on edge all the time :( I know I sound so selfish cause i'm thinking about myself in a way :(

Oh Hun it is hard. My OH is in the army dont see him more than I see him.
He away for a week to america soon, then gets back, goes away again for a month, then back for our wedding then just after wedding he goes away to Afghan for 6 months :(
It was hardest when he was in Iraq last year while I was pregnant, I needed him and he missed so much (scans etc)

Every time he goes away it upsets me, but I put on a brave face for him as its his career, and its hard enough him having to go, wthout me breaking my heart all over the place.

Remember he will be home to see you when he can, the basic trainings crap as they are stuck on camp, but once hes passed that its a bit easier for him to come home (as long as he in UK)

I will say always be prepared for the worst, if he thinks hes gonna come home say on a friday, tell yourself hes coming home saturday in case the army mucks around.
Always be prepared for him to drop some news on your head, like hes going a course for a few weeks, with very little notice.

I always think though, I would rather not see him very much but have him in my life, then not have him in my life at all :hug: :hug:

I dont think your being selfish i wouldnt want my OH going away, but if its what he really wants then you just have to support him as hard as it will be.

I did my basic training at Pirbright!!! SO did DH! We met in the army and then left cos we wanted babies!! hehehe! Tell him to watch out for tank hill at Pirbright, its nearly vertical and they send you up it on your forced marches ahhhhh!! Oh and Sandi's the pizza shop on camp is lush, mmmmmm we lived on pizza and the NAAFI shop is rubbish!

Good career with good oportunities, to drink smoke and be merry! LOL, they do some work sometimes..... :rotfl: He will enjoy it, which regiment is he joining, is he doing officer training if he's on 6 months training?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back