Finding time to POAS?

kizzibea

Reaction score
This is probably a really random question but for people using OPKs, what do you do about doing them when you're out of the house?

I'm starting to use them now to get into the habit for next cycle and yesterday was fine, did it at 1pm. Today I'm at work but I should be able to sneak away for ten minutes and hide in the loos in the next hour or so to test.

The problem is this weekened when the family is round and we go to the in-laws. Everyone will be suspicious if I go and hide in the loo for ten minutes and I can't really go round someone else's house and ask for a tub to pee in in the bathroom.

Do you just miss those days or test earlier or later when you get the chance?

Will testing earlier or later mess up the results?

TIA
:dust:

Well it is advised that you use your first urine of the day because it will be more concentrated, so ideally you would be taking it as soon as you wake up.

My cbfm says that i should take the test within a 5 hour time frame every single day, but i just take it as soon as i wake up which is 7am every morning.

My OPKs say they work best later in the day unlike pregnancy tests which work best with FMU (not sure if the same rule applies for the CBFM).

I test when I get home from work each day at around 6pm, on the odd days when i am not at home I make sure I take one of the plastic drinking cups from the water machine at work :) and once I have done the test I put it back in the packet and stick it in my bag, check my watch and then 10 minutes later find an excuse to quickly sneak off and have a look at the results... its all very secret squirrel but I would rather do that then miss ovulation all together!!

Good luck for October x xx

I just used to do it when i had the time but im at home alot so was easy. xx

I usually test in the morning and have a plastic cup in the bathroom!
I understand that you may feel weird testing at someones house perhaps test before you go and try once when you are there(maybe early befre anyone is up), then at least you might be able to track where you are.

Good Luck xxx

Well it is advised that you use your first urine of the day because it will be more concentrated, so ideally you would be taking it as soon as you wake up.

My cbfm says that i should take the test within a 5 hour time frame every single day, but i just take it as soon as i wake up which is 7am every morning.
Welcome back Lou xxx

My OPKs say they work best later in the day unlike pregnancy tests which work best with FMU (not sure if the same rule applies for the CBFM).

I test when I get home from work each day at around 6pm, on the odd days when i am not at home I make sure I take one of the plastic drinking cups from the water machine at work :) and once I have done the test I put it back in the packet and stick it in my bag, check my watch and then 10 minutes later find an excuse to quickly sneak off and have a look at the results... its all very secret squirrel but I would rather do that then miss ovulation all together!!

Good luck for October x xx

That's pretty much what I'm about to do myself. I've got a little plastic baggie that I'm smuggled out of one of the stock boxes to put in afterwards and I'll stick it in my desk then pull it out when it's time to check. :lol:

I think when we've got family around I'll have to make an excuse to have a shower in the early afternoon/evening time and do it then. I did a couple of pregnancy tests that way earlier in the year. But these OPKs say to do them in the early afternoon, otherwise I wouldn't have a problem.

It's silly but I've got more time and space to use them when I'm at work than when I'm at home!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back