• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fell over...

Roo3

Reaction score
Was on my way outside through our patio doors earlier this evening when I tripped on the step and fell on my knees. I put my hands down to break my fall and don't think I hit my bump. Baby has been moving since it happened. I called the labour ward and was put through to the triage midwife who said that it sounds as though i've not done any damage as baby was moving pretty much straight after I had fallen and that I was to monitor movements over the next few hours which i have been doing and he's moving lots.
Still really shaken about it though. I can't help but think I've hurt him.

Awww you get such a fright when you fall! I'm sure baby is fine hun.:hugs:

scary isnt it, i wouldn't worry baby is safe in there :). i fell right onto my bump a month ago in a car park, i was running. baby was fine though, did burst into tears when i got home and told my oh as i was shocke it happened. never phoned hospital or anything as baby was still moving around fine

i think its the shock of it all your baby will be nice and happy in there :) i fell like that on my ds and it really scared me and i jsut cried and i dont cry at nothing even though i knew id not hit my belly it still freaked me out and even if you did hit the belly they are really well cushioned in there x

Take it steady hun - sounds like you have had quite a shock! xx

At least you rung the hospital for advice!! Glad you are okay apart from being shaken up! xx

I fell down the stairs and landed on teh hoover on my bump with arms and legs either side when i was 31 weeks pregnant with my 4th, i left it 2 days before ringing the hospital after she still hadn;t moved i was too scared to ring and kept putting it off. I was sent straight up to labour ward where they monitored me and all was fine, they told me that they are so protected in there with muscle, water etc before even getting near the baby, which reassured me alot.

Thanks everyone. Am feeling a bit calmer today. Was definitely in shock yesterday after it happened - I couldn't stop shaking.
Baby has been moving lots today so am feeling more reassured. Also looked in my pregnancy book and it also echoed what you've all said about baby being well cushioned in there.
OH told me not to go jumping off any steps today!!!

Hope your ok! It's not nice falling over when pregnant! I fell down the stairs when I was 6 months and cried my eyes out but charley was still wiggling away! Their so protected in there!! x x

Oh no hun you ok??? I fell down the.stairs.when pg with my.first. scary but was ok x x

Oh no hun you ok??? I fell down the.stairs.when pg with my.first. scary but was ok x x

I'm ok thanks Smess. Got a twisted ancle and grazed knees but the main thing is baby has been kicking away lots since it happened. Was terrified when it happened. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back