• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fell over :( **UPDATE**

LaurenMM

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Hope everyones ok. I really do have baby brain and body, last night I went to sit down on my dressing table stool, somehow I lost my balance and completely missed it, so I ended up falling like almost backwards. I hit the side of my bump on the end of my bed tho :( it didn't hurt or anything and I listened to her on the doppler after it had happened and this morning and she seems ok. Had a slight decrease in movements tho today and I'm going back to England for a week on Friday so I dont know whether its worth going to hospital any maybe trying to get a scan just to check everythings ok? Do you think they'll bother tho? Cuz I've heard her on doppler and felt some movement? What do you think? xx

I rang Delivery Suite and they asked me to go and I was monitored and had a scan. They were absolutely lovely and they even showed me around the deliver suite and let me see a pool because I would like to have a water birth :D Everything is fine with the baby, shes actually already 4lb 3oz hehe and they gave me a new due date of 27th Oct so I'm actually 31 + 4 :) Couldnt get over how nice they all were :D It just shows again just how much my MW couldnt give a crap... I asked her how I went about 'booking' a water birth and she literally just said I couldn't have one at my local hospital but I'd have to go to a hospital over 30 mins away, so I was gutted because I thought I couldnt have one as I dont wanna travel over 30 mins when I go into labour. Today has clearly proven her wrong!!! But other than that, I'm extremely happy at the moment :D xx

Last edited:
I'd just ring your labour ward hun and see what they think xx

oh bless you hun I hope youre ok. Id call labor ward/Midwife/Doc or whoever to be honest and see what they say I really would I wouldnt risk itxxx

Hey hun, I was monitored the other day due to decrease in movement and that was without the fall! The mw's were lovely and said I should always go in or call if worried! Better to be safe than sorry.....as soon as I got there it started wriggling like mad :) lol but put my mind at ease, so would definitely recommend xx

Sent from my nearly buggared iPhone!!

Glad u got all sorted and feel better hun.....wow they sound really lovely at your hospital! ;) xxx

Sent from my nearly buggared iPhone!!

Glad you and baby ok! Surprised they gave you a new due date didnt think they changed anything after 12 scan! That's good about pool too. Only thing to remember is it's not gauranteed if someone else is already in it! Think I'm going to hire one as I plan to be at home just not sure where to put it.....

great news about the birthing pool. You seriously need to complain about that midwife! I want a water birth too but as someone has already said, it depeneds if someones not in it but there is always the bath as the water does ease the pain x

Yeah she told me she can't guarantee the pool when I go into labour for whatever reason, but its nice to know I could have one instead of being told I'd have to go to another hospital :p just really happy with how friendly and professional they were. I went in at 5.30 and was out just before 7pm - when I was 20 weeks I had a bleed and I was in a+e for 7 HOURS before I was even seen by anyone - disgusting!!! I just feel so much more relaxed now about having my baby there. I was nervous at first as this isn't my hometown, I dont have any family close by (apart from my husband of course :p) I just feel a bit more optimistic now :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatema53
Back