Feeling under the weather.

LisaJ1986

Reaction score
Usually when i breastfeed i feel all dizzy and generally with a headache. I always have a drink nearby for when i do feed.
I've spoken to my GP when it 1st started and she said i was probably just tired. But it's getting more frequent and it's bothering me. I never really linked them til today.
Does anyone else have this problem?

Not as such though I always made sure I was eating and drinking enough. Have you tried more food? seriously, lol :) or have a bar of chocolate to hand :) x

But if you're really worried and are sure your diet is ok, go back and tell it to your GP again, and don't leave without a reassuring answer.

It's weird coz i have my 3 meals a day, and snack at night. But like tea time is about 5.30, but once 5 hits i'm feeling it come on. But most of the time when i'm feeding her. I'm at docs on Tuesday so will check again. But ta for advice, especially the chocolate 1! Any excuse! Lol

I sort of know what you mean but it's hard to explain. Breastfeeding is draining, there was something posted somewhere about needing an extra 500 calories a day or something... and others will say snacking and chocolate are bad ideas as they are only quick sugar fixes, but it worked ok for me. It was a similar nausea to morning sickness for which I ate haribo sweets, so I always had a pack of sweet lying around where I would feed him just in case.

I'm by no means an expert tho :) lol

Are you a bit anaemic? I'm on iron tablets still. You may need to up your calories tho as BF does use a lot of yours. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back