Feeling low + Irrational PCOS fears after MMC

mrsc2012

Reaction score
I'm new to PF and trying to find support in other people's experiences.

Was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid and "mild-moderate" PCOS in April and had fairly regular periods (every 35 days ish - I think that's still classed as regular) since starting metformin and thyroxine. Found out I was pregnant in November with my first (our honeymoon baby...). Was advised by my GP to stop the met at 6 weeks and had a confirmed mmc at 8 weeks after 5 days of brown then pink spotting. Had an ERPC last week.

Since this is my first m/c I guess I'll never find out what happened. I can't stop thinking if I had only carried on with met then this wouldn't have happened! So angry at my GP and so many questions! Could stopping the met have caused the m/c? If not should I be asking to be referred to an endocrinologist to investigate other possible hormone issues at this point? Or do I wait and try my luck with the *cross-fingers* next pregnancy?

How on earth do I begin to get past the inevitable worry that PCOS combined with a first pregnancy m/c could mean I'll never be able to carry full term?! I feel like this is so irrational but such a real possibility.

I feel so so low at the moment :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back