Feeling huge!

mum2b410

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've been away for about 10 days on holiday so firstly wanted to say hope you are all well and enjoying tri-2! Can't believe 1 more week and I'm in tri-3!......Scary!!

......Is anyone else around the same time as me and feeling huge? Yesterday in asda the checkout guy asked me when I was due and when I said October he seemed very shocked!! I hadn't been too concerned about my bump size until then but now I'm worrying that I'm looking like I'm near full term with 3 months to go!!!.......

.....Anyone else worrying about their bump size??

Hey,

Just saw your reply to my post. Needless to say I feel absolutely massive! When I tell people I'm due mid-October their faces just drop! Then they compose themselves and say "oh maybe you won't get much bigger then..." Like that helps! It's like hello, I'm struggling to walk, have to wear flip flops all the time and I'm constantly out of breath, I really don't need your "helpful" comments!!! I really don't think they know what it's like!

I can't wait to get into tri 3! It's a bit nerve wracking isn't it though. Don't you just feel like you're running out of time!?

As for your question on my post about names, OH and I have had a really hard time as well. He's works offshore for up to 6 weeks at a time, and so we waited until he got home to talk about it, so I felt really rushed! I had about ten or so names so I gave them to him, he picked out the ones he liked and added two more, then we discussed it together.

Ultimately, we've decided on Caleb for the first name. Sebastian was our other favourite, so at the moment we're trying to decide between that as a middle name, or OH's grandfather's name. I'm stressed because I want to order letters to put up in the nursery!

How are you finding your pregnancy? Have you picked any names out yet?

xx

hey girlies, i wouldnt worry about bump sizes.. everyones different
i had a very small bump with LO, she was born @ 37 weeks and weighed 5lb15oz
my bump is almost the same size now as i when i was full term and im only 14 weeks lol :O
i DO think that people should think before they speak mind! xxxx

Last edited:
Glad it's not just me!
Ft90- that must be tough with your OH away for long periods, I'm lucky mine is in a mon-fri 9-5 type job! We have one name but not sure if it'll be the one, and we're keeping it secret (about the only thing we have managed to!)....I like Sebastian and Caleb though......and hopefully u can find a middle name to suit whichever you go for!

Yeh, I am excited about tri 3 too but definately feel like I'm running out of time! This is my first and I didn't feel happy to buy things or start getting baby's room ready until we had our 20 weeks scan but now it seems like there is soooo much to do and we've left it too late!......I've got about 8 weeks before I start mat leave and really don't want to be having to do it all then but it's hard when you both work full time and have other committments to keep up with at weekends!.....Oh well, I just keep telling myself we'll get there in the end!....

.......I hope my bump doesn't become absolutely mahoosive! My mum says I'm carrying it all at the front and therefore it seems bigger than perhaps those who are carrying more across their tummy. That's a small reassurance but am still dreading what I'm going to look like after I've had him! I guess it's not the be all and end all tho, as long as he's happy and healthy, that's what really matters!! :)

:wave:

I'm around the same stage as you.

I'm feeling a bit unconfy doing certain things, but I wouldn't say I am massive, got a bit of a bump though.

t's a nightmare to be honest with him being away so much! He's going away in 2 weeks until 3 weeks before LO is due, so I'm really feeling the pressure to get everything done! To top it off, we're moving on friday! So I'll have the stress of trying to get the nursery painted and all the furniture up withing a week before he's away again.

I'm starting to feel like I should have started buying stuff earlier! This is my first as well, so I wanted to wait until 20 weeks too, but OH was away until I was 24 weeks, so it's all been so rushed! And I just graduated uni as well, so I had my final exams to worry about! Generally I'm quite laid back though so I tried not to stress, and as soon as OH was home he calmed me down, he doesn't worry about anything!

I wish I'd have kept my names more quiet... I don't mind on here obviously, but I told my mum and then I got texts from my uncle saying he hated it... And some of OH's friends just laughed. I know at the end of the day it's our decision as long as we like it, but people can be so insensitive! I just say to them that it's weird of them to be so nasty when I'm discussing naming my child, then they usually go a bit red!

Everyone's telling me I'm carrying at the front as well. Plus at 16 weeks I measured 20, then at 25 I measured 27, so I think I'm just destined to be huge! I don't mind as long as he's healthy though :)

Xx

I'm due same day and yes feeling pretty big! Have had several people ask if I'm carrying 2 in there! Feels worse as I only have a small frame so things like getting off the sofa and painting my toes are getting quite an effort! I know what you mean about tri 3 creeping up I too feel a bit like time is running away with me. Haven't bought anything for baby in ages, mainly because we've been busy clearing out stuff to make space! Think I will feel more settled once we start painting the nursery

FT90 - I know exactly how you feel on the name front, I posted earlier about how OH's family hated our chosen names. People can be so horrible and insensitive, you go with whatever you think is right and to hell with what the others think x x

I've just been informed by OH's stepmum that I'm getting bigger by the day, thanks!

I'm finding painting my toes a massive chore as well! I think I've done my last pedicure, from now on, someone else will have to do it!

Bella I saw your post about names, I think sophia is lovely, OH's niece is called that and it's such a cute name, and my cousin's daughter is gracie, I love that as well. So you're names are gorgeous, don't worry about what people think. I told my family if they want to name children, they can have their own, the same goes for OH's friends! People are so stupid aren't they?!

I can't wait to do the nursery, we move into our new house on friday and that's job number one! Gives me lots of time to pick a colour!

Xx

I've just been informed by OH's stepmum that I'm getting bigger by the day, thanks!

I'm finding painting my toes a massive chore as well! I think I've done my last pedicure, from now on, someone else will have to do it!

Bella I saw your post about names, I think sophia is lovely, OH's niece is called that and it's such a cute name, and my cousin's daughter is gracie, I love that as well. So you're names are gorgeous, don't worry about what people think. I told my family if they want to name children, they can have their own, the same goes for OH's friends! People are so stupid aren't they?!

I can't wait to do the nursery, we move into our new house on friday and that's job number one! Gives me lots of time to pick a colour!

Xx

Ahh thanks hon, glad you like the names :) that's a good idea, telling people to have their own kids so they can name them! Will use that one next time someone is mean!

ooh good luck for moving day friday how exciting! x x

that's a good idea, telling people to have their own kids so they can name them! Will use that one next time someone is mean!

The other one I use is "Wow, that's so strange... Why would you ever be so nasty when I'm talking about naming my child..." Then they normally go a bit red! :rofl:

Thanks , I'll need the luck! The estate agent got the date wrong so I'm actually moving in on Thursday!!! I'm so excited to get LO's nursery ready but so stressed, now I have one day less to pack!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back