Feeling disheartened..

Beximillian

Reaction score
Had a midiwfe appt yesterday (39+3) and she wasn't very helpful. Refused to do a sweep even though I begged and said she wouldn't do one until 41 weeks, that is until I pointed out that it says in the notes that women should be offered one at 40 weeks, so she's agreed to do that on Tues.
Then she wouldn't tell me how far engaged I was, and didn't seem to understand why, at 37 weeks, she told me 1/5 maybe even 2/5, but then discovered she'd written 3/5 in my notes.
Also she's arranged my induction for 10th June if nothing happens before. I didn't really know what happened so she told me a bit about that - apparently I have a tampon type thing inserted and then have to wait in hospital until they check me again 6 hours later!! And in total it could take up to 3 days to have the baby that way
sad_smile.gif

I am hoping and praying it doesn't come to that but still have had no signs that anything is going to happen soon - no show, no BH, no clearout, nothing.
Sorry for being miserable I just wanted to rant a bit! x

I am completely on that misery train too! Your midwife doesn't sound very helpful during your last appointment, so it's understandable that you feel a little disheartened. I so hoped it would happen naturally so I could be at home for as long as poss, but looks like I'm headed for induction on Wednesday. Oh well, on the bright side we get to meet our LOs soon xx

Very true - at least we know the latest it's going to be! I think half the problem is knowing that I'm wasting more time at home without baby, as I'll be going back end of Aug/start of Sept now, can't afford any longer! x

Aaaah, I see, that is frustrating. At least you will savour the time you do get. Hope you go naturally before though!! xx

Got everything crossed that ur little one makes an appearance soon. Can't believe how unhelpful ur midwife was tho - is there another one you cn see? There is about four in the team in my area. Xx

hope something happens soon for you, Id defo ask mw for a clear explanation of things next time toput your mind at ease.
im a few days behind you and im the same no symptoms as yet and when something does start it fades pretty quick, think my body is teasing me xxx

Got everything crossed that ur little one makes an appearance soon. Can't believe how unhelpful ur midwife was tho - is there another one you cn see? There is about four in the team in my area. Xx

There are other midwives there but they're divided up by GP surgeries so I always see that one, unless for whatever reason she's not there. Hopefully I'll have some more positive news on Tuesday! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back