Feeling a bit down...

ShadowWolf

Reaction score
Just a bit of another indulgence post really. Feeling crap and wanting some sympathy.

My SPD is killing my enthusiasm for this baby bit by bit. I can't enjoy being pregnant at all and it's really making me feel low. I have been off work for months now and I spend all day every day on my own apart from when OH has days off. I have no friends or family nearby to come visit me (not being pathetic, it's the honest truth!) so I don't bother getting dressed during the day and the housework has gone to pot. Sleep is almost impossible and if I do get it, it is always interrupted my me trying to roll over which brings tears to my eyes. Most of the time all I really want is a nice hot bath but they are off the list now as I can't lie down in one, so havn't had one for weeks. I also have aweful heartburn, my stomach aches all the time from baby just being herself and it iches constantly, so much so that I scratch myself raw sometimes when i loose self control, couple that with more stretch marks appearing every day and that is where I am.

I wake up every day to see my bump and i'm annoyed and fed up that i'm still pregnant, I just want her outta me. I feel miserable, tired and in pain all the time and it makes me cry.

Rant ends. I'm really sorry, just needed to get it out somewhere.

xxxx

Oh babe, I could cry reading this. Are there any support groups for mums to be nearby that you could go to? Or are you in that much pain you're practically house bound?

I wish I was in Nottingham, I'd come right round and give you a hug (and some chocolate!).

xxxx

:) Thanks sweetie. I'm housebound unfortunately. I can't drive and getting around on crutches is a pain in the tooshie.

xxxx

Bloody hell! I didn't realise SPD was so bad. You poor poor thing.

Is there anything you've ever wanted to learn (that maybe you could do as a hobby or put into practice for work once baby is older?). I only ask because when I lost my job last year I was unemployed for 2 months. I've always wanted to learn about photography so I got a few books and then just went on loads of online tutorials on Youtube and other websites and learned as much as I could in that time. It was brilliant and stopped me going insane. I'd spent a fortnight in my pyjamas, watching daytime TV and eating crap and in between applying for jobs and as soon as I gave myself a little project it really cheered me up. The desire to learn something new really stopped me from getting down. I bought little exercise books and everything and 'studied' every day. The internet is a wonderful tool and great at passing the time.

Writing a blog might help you too and keep you busy. You get to air all your feelings and get it off your chest and then you can market it online and find other SPD sufferers going through the same thing. Build a network of support.

When I finish on maternity I'm going to spend a few hours each day practicing my hypnobirthing techniques. I've loved the way it chills me out. If you've got the time, I'd recommend reading up on it. I can send you the tracks too if you want? Got a few now and they're all really good.

Chin up, your little lady will most definitely be worth it and you know you always have all of us on here if you ever need a moan/chat/friend xxx

I have been thinking about learning something I must admit. After baby is here we don't think I'll be able to afford to go back to work due to child care costs, we havn't looked into it really yet, so It'd be nice if I could do something to earn a bit of money. I couldn.t think of anything feasable but i'll think again. Thanks for the love hun, you are indeed a RayOfLight :)

xxxx

You can do loads of online courses in just a few weeks. Even if you don't use it straight away, you can always say you've done it and stick it on your CV. What about researching something that could really come in useful like baby sign language? Or baby massage? x

Ooo, I like the sound of those hun, and I suppose if I look them up on the internet, then they'd be free... another downside to being off work, living off 1 wage :(

xx

When I used to drive 5 hours a day, I downloaded all of these Spanish podcast tutorials and did them in the car. Stopped me falling asleep, getting bored, and it amused me greatly practising my new skills on my friends and family. They all thought I was bonkers but it was fun!

http://radiolingua.com/shows/spanish/coffee-break-spanish/

It's free too!

Firstly, I feel really awful for you, I had read about SPD a while ago in a magazine and you have my total sympathy, what a nightmare - I can only imagine how frustrated you are and the cabin fever you must have. I say post away, that's what we are all here for.

Secondly, RayofLight has had some great ideas - I think the baby sign language one sounds awesome! As soon as I'm into second trimester and not tempting fate I'm going to get the stuff for that, so if you do look into it please let me know what it's like. Are there any dvd sets you'd like to watch, or anything like that? I suppose the allure of being able to do that has probably well worn off by now, but it's certainly something I would enjoy - I'm sure people you know would be happy to loan you stuff to save on money?

Honey... xxx

"God and Goddess of the skies,
Please allow me to follow my day to day action.
Take action upon my cries, Hear me today and love me always.
Help me through life's struggles and grant me strength for all I do.
Guide me into life with an open mind and a fresh slate. So Mote it Be!"

Feeling your pain so i done a little spell to hopefully make you feel a little better, hope you feel the warmth of my love soon..

If you need to chat honey i am here for you xx

<3 xxxxxxx

<3 Thankyou Rachel, am feeling better today. Managed a bath last night and although I didn't sleep much during the night, got a couple of hours in this morning, so must have worked some :D I keep wanting to light some incense to make me relax but I've lost my matches! It's so irritating! :D

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back