Fed up with huggies!

Lou

Reaction score
Hi

I've had enough of huggies nappies! Everyday Isaac poo's through the sides without fail. He is on the omneo comfort formula so his poo's are a bit runny but at the prices huggie's charge I still don't expect to have to change Isaac everyday because he is covered in poo!

I am going to try tesco's own brand nappies. I might aswell throw away cheap ones than waste money on rubbish expensive ones.

Anyone else changed to cheaper ones and found them good? I'm thinking that maybe I'll still need "brand" nappies at night. Maybe pampers or something?

Lou :)

Hi Lou

I had exactly the same problem with Huggies. Every morning Zara would be soaking wet.

I use Pampers now but I found Sainsbury's own lable pretty good too. They're slightly heavier and less stretchy than Pampers which is why I don't always use them but they don't leak.

What size is he in? Pampers now do newborn (deals with runny poo better) up to size 3, and they're really stretchy too, my fiend uses them cos her baby has runny poo.

Pampers Active fit all the way for me...I love them!

Isaac is on the right size huggies for his weight but they just leak so badly. My sister in law told me months ago that we would end up buying cheaper ones but I was sure i wouldn't. Its such a pain that unless Isaac has poo'ed for the day I can't take him out because he gets in such a mess. Most days I end up bathing him during the day because he is all messy.

I call them the "don't know where to start poo's". The ones that you need hand restraints on the changing mat for lol

I'll try the pampers then and buy some tesco's own make to experiment and see how we get on.

Thanks very much :)

The only reason I asked about the size is becasue Pampers Newborn only go up to size 3 :)

pampers active fit are great. I thought pampers baby dry would hold the pee better but no, the active fit do the job much better.
I bought a multi pack of huggies the other week as i am trying to get jess to be kind of more aware of a wet nappie as I dont think they are that good but Im going to go back to my active fit. Ive had wet sleepsuits and down the leg jobby so its no way huggies.

lauramum01 said:
pampers active fit are great. I thought pampers baby dry would hold the pee better but no, the active fit do the job much better.
I bought a multi pack of huggies the other week as i am trying to get jess to be kind of more aware of a wet nappie as I dont think they are that good but Im going to go back to my active fit. Ive had wet sleepsuits and down the leg jobby so its no way huggies.

I bought huggies when they were 2 for 3 and boy did I regret it, I had 3 massive packets of them and I was gutted. In the end I took 2 back and swapped them for Active fit. 8)

Shops aren't supposed to accept nappies back for hygeine/safety reasons, even if they are sealed. It's againt the law

Ooooh i didn't know that Kim :think:

I've never taken Nappies back, i always buy Asda's own inless they don't have any in (they are quite popular) then i buy huggies.

I don't like pampers, they make Jacks bum sore :( and expensive for what they do in them, i always used Asda#'s for Amy and never had any problems with leakage

Kim said:
Shops aren't supposed to accept nappies back for hygeine/safety reasons, even if they are sealed. It's againt the law

Tesco will swap them if you have a reciept, I swapped mine at Boots.

I bought the wrong ones last time I went to Asda. Rubie was screaming her head off and I just picked them up without thinking. But I just put her in them (even though I bought a massive box of 108) :roll:

Urchin, did they let you only swap 2 if the offer was 3 for 2?

I have the same problem with huggies nappies, i also find that they go really hard when they are only a little bit wet! so must be soooo unconfortable!
I prefer pampers active fit! or baby dry :)

got to be pampers every time !

used them with my first 2 children & am going to use them again.

I am not keen on pampers as I find there isnt any stretch on the waist band which causes Charlie's skin to look sore/red.
We have been using Boots own brand and Tesco's which are really good considering Charlie has had Diarrhea last week (it was like water!) and seems to be filling his nappy alot more now since we put Colief in his bottles (Colief is fantastic for his colic/trapped wind but makes them poo more often and looser as well like a breastfed baby). We haven't had a nappy leak poo yet (Touches wood!) and only had problems in the first couple of weeks with pampers leaking when he pee'd...would wake up with him soaked right through but seem to have got past that stage now he is bigger.

OH NO!!! my mum has been collecting my huiggie nappies since i first got pregnant and i have enough to last my baby a life time!! :shock:

It might be 10 years ago but I always swore by Tesco's own - I did use Pampers for a while which were absolutely fine, but then I got skint and had to switch. I tried Huggies but they were absolutely rubbish and leaked every time.

Tesco's own were brill :dance:

My MIL uses tesco's own brand nappies when she looks after jamie and i have to say too that they are really good!! :D

If you make a complaint to any of the companies & include the serial number from you pack you will usually find they will compensate you, especially Huggies & Pampers.

Also to keep in mind most Tesco & Asda stores will accept most coupons without purchasing the item & if you receive Huggies vouchers & bought Pampers 99.9% of the time the coupon will be accepted at checkout.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back