Fed up of aches and pains...

Nic36

Reaction score
It's almost 15 weeks since I gave birth and I am wondering if I am ever going to feel like my old self again. I just seem to have constant aches and pains that I never had before. Honestly, I feel like giving birth has aged me by a good twenty or thirty years. :-(

Tonight I just feel like crying. I spent the first couple of months with really bad piles, so could barely sit down with my baby. For the last couple of weeks my wrists have been agony - it's getting harder and harder to pick up and carry my LO as my wrists are so painful.
I am still leaking 'down there', which can't be right after almost 15 weeks.. :-(. And it's painful too. :-(. I'm scared to go to the GP cos I feel sure they'll tell me I am permanently damaged. I feel like such a mess - my body is ruined. :-(. Oh and hair is falling out by the handful.

I just want my old body back... :-(

Aw hun :hug:

It can take a good while to get yourself feeling ok again. Are you doing your pelvic floor exercises? I swear that these helped my bits go back to normal, though I did have a strange falling out feeling for quite a while.

I'm with you on the hair thing though, mines falling out too :(

Ah my hair has just started falling out! My knees are what kill me... So sore, I think from always getting up and down from the floor, and when I get up for middle of the night feeds, I am sooo stiff all over. I don't know about the leaking though. Have you spoken to anyone about that?

Haven't spoken to anyone... Scared they will tell me I'm ruined forever. Haven't been doing my pelvic floors as much as I should. :-(. Going t start doing them religiously and hope it's nt too late.

:hugs: I am sure you're not ruined! Pelvic floors should help :)

Not too late hun. How about doing them each time you feed baby?

Not too late hun. How about doing them each time you feed baby?

That's a good idea. I need to build them into my routine otherwise I just forget to do them. I'm terrible! God I hope it's not too late!

Don't ever think its too late to start pelvic floor hun! Sorry u feel this way but I honestly think ur body probably needs a bit more time to recover- did u have a difficult birth? Piles r horrible to have so can understand how that hasn't helped. I think aches and pains r partly to do with body adjusting to not having baby inside anymore, plus being so tired and having to carry on looking after LO all the time! ......Try to b brave and c ur GP coz it may well put ur mind at rest completely! And if not then u will have taken the first step to get things sorted- both positive outcomes!....It took me ages to feel any sense of normality physically, but it took 9months to make my little man, so my body can have 9 months to recover iykwim xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back