Favourite nursery rhymes

Rayoflight

Reaction score
Hi girls I've got to sing a nursery rhyme for a telephone audition tomorrow and looking for inspiration.

What are your favourite nursery rhymes? Which do you think have the nicest melody?

Thanks!

Oooh what's the audition for? Lots of nursery rhymes are really dark aren't they? Erm...I like 'Little Mousy Brown' and good old twinkle twinkle.

xx

Incy Wincy spider (have been singing it to bump for months) and Twinkle twinkle :)

Whats the audition for?

I love the Bette Midler version of Baby Mine but I don't think thats considered a nursey rhyme

x x x x

I dong remember any! I think I need to start learning some to sing to baby I might get a cd to sing along to x

You are my sunshine-dunno if it's a nursery rhyme though. Mary had a little lamb, row row row your boat and twinkle twinkle are Sebs favourite. I sing 'give me oil in my lamp' and 'He's got the whole world in his hands' but again don't think they're nursery rhymes!

Mine wasnt a Nursery Rhyme but I love it :)

True Nursery Rhymes Id have to choose Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

Yes I was thinking twinkle twinkle - can't go wrong with it!

I also like Miss Polly had a dolly and the grand old duke of York!

It's a telephone interview/audition to become a baby signing teacher. Haven't told hubby yet though. Nervous because I really want to do it but will need money to start off and he is in control of the purse strings.

That sounds like a great job! Awww miss Polly had a dolly, I loved that one!

Oh forgot to say good luck :) and hopefully Shaun won't be arsey about it!

hush little baby i always sing to them

my ds love wheels on the bus london bridge incy wincy twinkle twinkle well he like loads but those are his fav 1 we do sing row row row you boat gently down the stream if you see nanna dont forget to scream which he has always found hilarious hee hee mean mummy me

She didn't get me to sing! I'd been practicing and everything! Gutted.

On a positive note though I have now discovered that I can do a pretty authentic sheep noise which makes Blake proper belly giggle. Old MacDonald had a farm is like baby crack in our house - it's like my foolproof way of cheering him up, calming him down and stopping crying! I sound like a total knob of course.

Lmao! Seb just thinks i'm hilarious generally! Lol!

How did it go apart from not being asked to sing?

I'm glad you can sing, when baby's here I think I will make him cry rather than soothe him :L:L

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back