FAO Admin

JMC

Reaction score
Is their a feature with these PHPBB forums to merge concurrent posts?

Basically if you make 2 posts in the same topic before anyone else has made a post... your post will be merged in with your over one

Its just that sometimes when im going through a topic I quote like 3 ppl... and it comes out as 3 seperate posts rather than just 1

Should be merged with my one above

err I havent got a clue :? It does that on another forum I go on though, but not this one?

Im not sure if this forum software as the feature, I know it does on invision

Just waiting for admin to check :)

i sugested this before, it would make so much sence! and clear alot of spam off the board, but i dont think there is the option to do it on here :(

xx

The multiple quote feature would be a God send aswell !!

But thats only available on Invision

Have you ever thought about switchin to Invision...

There might be a mod available that does this, I haven't checked. I'll put it on my to-do list to find out when I get a moment, although I won't make any promises as to whether I would install it or not. And no, I haven't ever thought about switching to Invision - I haven't even heard of it :wink:

Layla, what JMC is on about is slightly different to what we were discussing recently - he wants it to basically merge two posts within one topic, whereas what we were discussing recently was merging two full topics into just one topic.

2 posts by the same person?

isnt that the same as the edit button?

im confused lol

xx

so would you have one long message by one person rather then different ones????? :? :? :?

Basically yes, say you look through a thread and quote someone, then read some more and quote someone else, it would automatically make them in the same post (if no one else has posted in the meantime)

Dont switch to invision!!!! All i have ever had with invision forums is problems!!!

Oooooh, that hurt my head reading all that. Too technical for this time of the morning.

Laura. (confussed)

cassi said:
Dont switch to invision!!!! All i have ever had with invision forums is problems!!!

Invision is the best out their !!

8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back