Family don't understand

lottie89

Reaction score
Sorry for all the posts but wondered if anyone had been in a similar position. My mum turned round to me on Friday and said I need to put these miscarriages into perspective as it wasn't like I had been trying a long time and it wasn't like I ever saw a scan and my dad appears to have taken Her side. I tried explaining how hurtful it was but I got a very insincere apology back. I'm finding this comment really hard to forgive right now. I could have maybe understood if it was 10 months down the line but not while my hormones are still going haywire and I'm still bleeding

Oh hun. So sorry for your losses. I take it your Mum never went through a mc? Some people just don't understand or deal with grief differently. Perhaps just take a step back from your parents for now.

I had the opposite problem from my Mum, she thought I should be weeping and sobbing all the time. Whilst i spent a good deal of time doing this I also just got on with things, she couldn't cope as she thought I should be laid up like an invalid and actually fell out with me because i wasn't.

Big hugs to you xxx

MC is a lonely place to be. My family were really understanding at the time but seem to think now the mc part is over in 0k and its become something that they never mention anymore, I don't think there is any right or wrong way to grieve but unfortunately those who haven't had a MC generally won't get how you are feeling. Don't apologise for the posts l have found PF to be a great support and one of the few places where people understand.

Lottie, so sorry you have had to go through this.
It really is one of those things you don't understand unless it happens to you.

The day after coming home from hospital from my second miscarriage, round my mums for the night and she sticks OBEM on like it's nothing.

Peculiar hey?

Big hugs chick x

Thanks everyone. Other people have the strangest reaction it seems!

You're always going to have people say such insensitve things. When I suffered my first miscarriage, my sister in law came round and was being all helpful and nice, stayed the night to show her support and I later find out she slagged us off to my brother in law and wife calling her own brother and I stupid for letting this happen so soon after we got married.. Needless to say i havent forgiven that witch.

You alone know how horrible this experience has been, no one else does. I suggest you speak to someone about how you're feeling, if your mum and dad arent being supportive, then there will be someone else out there who will listen and not make such horrible comments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back