Eye Strain during Birth

Shaz

Reaction score
Hi Girlies (and Guys) - I've already posted this on the "symptons" thread but I've started a new one to see if anyone has come across this before...

I have to see a consultant on the 1st August because I had a retached retina and had an operation on my eye in September of last year.

Midwife is concerned because with all the pushing and heaving going on the pressure in my head may cause more trouble. I think if there is any doubt I'll go for a c-section. I was laid up for 10 weeks after the eye op and having a newborn and having to have another eye operation is not appealing!!

Has anyone ever heard of this being a problem? Eye strain during labour?? I might start a new post because I can't find any connection on the internet - all the details about eye strain and birth are talking about the baby, not the mum!!!

i have not heard of this before but i hope someone on here can help you. sounds painful to me.

I've heard you should keep your eyes closed during labour as it's not unusual to burst all the blood vessels and gives yourself bloodshot eyes! :shock:

I guess the same pressure may detach your retina.

I do remember hearing that some training on how to push (from the waist down rather than with your face) may help.

may be worth considering if you don't want a C-section. :think:

LittleMinx said:
I've heard you should keep your eyes closed during labour as it's not unusual to burst all the blood vessels and gives yourself bloodshot eyes! :shock:

I guess the same pressure may detach your retina.

. :think:

lol if i hadnt already had a child that would have me so scared lol sounds hard work.

i went red in the face when pushing felt like my head was going to explode :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back