Eye infection? *Pic Included*

LoopyLouize

Reaction score
I have her booked in to see a doctor at 5 but in the meantime what do you guys think I should do? Should I keep wiping her eye clean with cotton wool and water or just leave it to stick together? I don't know whether I am doing more harm than good.

56b96ca3-eab2-2678.jpg

Last edited:
Keep cleaning her eye with cotton wool and boiled cooled water. When I had that the oftalmologist told me to use chamomile tea boiled and cooled instead of water. It did the trick thankfully

Just keep it clean doc will give lo eye drops which will clear it up in a couple of days x

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

Defo keep it clean, warm water on a bit of cotton wool works best, I had conjunctivitus once and if her eye is as itchy as mine was the warm cotton wool will be very soothing. Hope she's better soon x

One wipe then throw the cotton wool. So dip in cooled boiled water, wipe then throw, and repeat.
Dr will prob give some chloramphenicol to clear that up x

my mw has just advised me that breastmilk is the best thing to clear a sticky eye so if you are feeding drop some on eye and wipe with cotton wool

Cows milk is very good for cleaning eyes when infection is present I use it on Thomas until we get into drs maybe worth a go hope you got her sorted xx

One wipe then throw the cotton wool. So dip in cooled boiled water, wipe then throw, and repeat.
Dr will prob give some chloramphenicol to clear that up x

I did this with my lo, also i dont know if ur bf but i squirted breasmilk too which really did help as wierd as it sounds! Also keep ur hand clean before and after so not to spread. Hope shes ok! X

Are you sure it's not a blocked tear duct it's very common in newborns, also your LO's eyes don't look red at all just gunky.

Lewis has the same thing they're extremely gunky. GP told me to massage the tear ducts and it seems to help a bit. I also heard the thing about the breast milk but it only helped a little bit. Easier than messing about with boiled water and whatnot though.

Poor wee lamb. Hope doc went ok xx

Oh no! Poor bubba, hope his eye is getting better now.

Amy_J.. breastmilk really is amazing stuff!!

Looks like what Joshua had. It wasa blocked tear duct. He has it again now. I found cooled boiled water was good. But the best thing I found was expressing some breast milk and using that on cotton wool.xx

Lily was the same for a week dr just said boiled cooled water and cotton wool.. Defo throw after one wipe and wash hands before and after and clean anything that comes into contact with it like blankets and such xx

we were told to clean with cooled boiled water with a drop of baby shampoo... sounds strange i know but we were told this by the doctor as she said its best to avoid eye drops as they can be quite distressing for baby. The shampoo lifts the bacteria from the eyelashes without being irritating to babies eyes.

Savannahs cleared up quite quickly once we started doing this

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back