Extreme pressure & pain in pelvis

littlemiss83

Reaction score
Hi Ladies :wave:

I'm sitting here bawling my eyes out :cry:

I went to stand up off the couch there and I had the most immense pressure & pain in my pelvis, more pressure than pain tbh, but I couldn't straighten up & couldn't walk. I remember this feeling a bit from before - when I had my 1st , its not like my usual pelvic pain, this is really deep & heavy feeling.

I had my wee weekly email yesterday & it said that baby's head should be engaging into pelvis this week. Does it sound like thats whats happening?

I'm worried, I know its just normal aches & pains & I know i'm not in labour or anything, but i'm worried about what else it could be if its not baby's head & also how long it will go on for

:shock:

sounds like baby is getting down & prepared! I've had this the past 2 weeks! I Notice it more especially when I stand up! It shoots right up me & takes my breath away! x

Oh sounds painful, hope it eases soon. Could well be baby engaging, would a warm bath help, or a bounce on birthing ball? If the pressure doesn't go best speak to midwife just incase x

Yep definitely sounds like baby is becoming engaged! I'm dreading this moment! My SPD is becoming unbearable recently, but baby still isn't engaged, he's floating around in breech position at the moment, which I'm so grateful for!

I really dread the day that he turns head down and drops! Although he might not even bother the way things are going, think he loves having his head in my ribs!

If it is baby's head (and it sounds like it is) then it won't stop until the baby is born... I just hate the pressure feeling!

Sorry to hear it's hurting so much :( xx

ooooooh

Thanks for your advice everyone.

I'm pretty sure thats what it is then. Only started getting it tonight

Does anyone feel like it hurts when standing up then goes away after i've stretched out ect?

My body in general has been really really achey, I dont think i'm gonna go early, but i have the feeling my body is defo getting ready.

i'm really crapping myself now, esp with the births on here - i'm sooo unprepared, I haven't got my bag organise, and i'm totally skint & my next spare money isn't untill 2 weeks after baby is due so i'm reallllly freaking out.

I've noticed my bump had got really sore even to touch in places, bit like a pulled muscle and I've been getting period style pains on and off, and more hip pain at night. Not sure what that means maybe just baby heading south too! I need to get ready too, it's def hit me this week that baby could come anytime judging by the 2 October babies arriving this week!

Yeah my bump feels sore to touch in places, kinda like a bruise. I can feel exactly where baby is now which is wierd.

:)

:hug: hopefully it's just the baby getting ready and once it's comfy the pressure will settle for u :)
When I got examined yesterday the whole of my right side where baby's back is, was sooo painful at the slightest tough like an under the skin bruise u know? It's gone now but I did have v sharp shooting pains there yesterday morning.. Still unsure what it was lol!

Yeah it does feel like I'm bruised! Maybe we are on the inside! Could hardly move when I woke up I was so sore, didn't know how to get out of bed!

Tuck n roll :rofl: !!
This baby is so strong I wouldn't b surprised if it bruised me! Or breaks a rib!

I dont feel quite as bad today, wonder if its to do with it being the end of the week & being exhausted & sore with all the walking i've done this week.

Bring on a day of doing f.all. Know fine well i'll be bored though!

:oooo:

Probably baby giving u a nudge to say slow down mummy!! Try and rest as much as u can Hun xxx

Not had any similar pains today, and funnily enough, baby is right at the top of bump & bottom bit is alot flabbier than it normally is

:roll:

Goodness knows whats happening, think its having a wee explore before its time to leave

Mine always eases off after a good stretch out too! Will have to compare seeing as we're both due on the same day! :) who will go first :lol: xx

Mine always eases off after a good stretch out too! Will have to compare seeing as we're both due on the same day! :) who will go first :lol: xx

Oooooh so we are

Are you in the October Mummy's thread?

Is this your first?

Oooooh so we are

Are you in the October Mummy's thread?

Is this your first?

No, this is my third. Yes I am crazy :lol: How about you? Are you feeling like you want to evacuate LO yet? Cause I sure am :lol:

oooooh

I dont think there's anyone else due the same day

Were you early/late with your others?

I'm getting really fed up now!!

:oooo:

10 days over with our Harvey & 3 days over with our Kara! I Seem to have it in my head that I will go early this time. I Keep thinking I will go any day now! But I guess that's wishful thinking with all these pressure pains! x

ooooh you might be late again then! I've heard these things follow a pattern.

I was induced a week early as baby's heart stopped beating but they said at the time I was already 2cm.

I really dont want to go early, A week early would be fine but not right now, i'm not ready yet!

It definitely sounds like pressure. I've had this all day today :( Hurts when I stand up, bend down, sit down, take my trousers off, when I was walking OH to work, everything!

I think Grace is still in the head down position from the 4D scan so yes your baby is most likely head down too :) I sympathise as it can be very painful! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miamie50
Back