• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Exhausted and dizzy!

KateQPR

Reaction score
So finally, i reach week 12, and the nausea has nearly gone (just my usual gagging fits now!)

But now i just feel totally exhausted and light headed! I'm up in Edinburgh for a couple of days, and only manage about an hour of slow wandering the around the shops before i feel i just need to lie down and sleep again! I also keep feeling a bit woozy, light headedness.

Anyone else feeling this whacked out?? I thought once m/s had nearly passed i'd be blooming and full of energy!!! Not sure if its just that i'm REALLY unfit (but i was going to the gym loads up until i got pregnant...and am usually pretty active. Maybe that's the prob. I feel like i've been housebound since the pregnancy and m/s kicked in!)

Kx

its normal to feel as you describe. Just take it easy for a few weeks. You'll soon feel better and have burst of energy :)

I am still waiting for that 'burst of energy'!! lol I feel knackered all the time and light headed - just thought I'd come in to tri 1 and really cheer you up there KateQPQ!

Hope you (and I) feel better soon xx

I've never had that burst of energy (and still don't feel anywhere close to blooming) but when morning sickness finally decides to go away you do feel loads better.

The dizzines and almost passing out sounds like low blood pressure to me (which is very common in early pregnancy - my last BP at 16 weeks was 84/60). As long as you don't have any side effects, this shouldn't cause any problems (apart from dizzines, light headedness etc), just be careful when standing up from sitting or lying, don't stand for too long and make sure you drinnk plenty. My MW also recommended salty snacks to try and raise my blood pressure and it's worked a treat (salt consumption is not such an issue for people with low blood pressure, but obviously don't go overboard - remember also to keep your fluids up as with more salt in your diet you are likely to get dehydrated more quickly and increased fluid helpd with low blood pressure anyway).

Hope you feel better soon. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back