evening sickness

Joanne1982

Reaction score
iv heard of morning sickness but it seems im suffering with evening sickness ! im 8 weeks pregnant with my first and every evening around 5pm i start to feel really sick - is this normal and has anyone else been suffering with this ? and if so any tips on how to make it stop. I suppose i should count myself lucky that its in the evening because if i felt like this in the mornings i dont think i would ever go to work lol

Mines is morning noon and night! lol, Dry crackers are pretty good for mine and have travel sickness bands (which i've managed to lose) but they worked okay. blackcurrant lucozade for some reason eases mine to!

The way to look at is that the baby is growing and reminding you it's there!. only way i get thro it on a bad day when im constantly sick! :)

Hi, sickness can come anytime unfortunately. It could have something to do with the time of day you take your pregnancy vitamins, if you are taking them that is?

i am taking folic acid first thing in the morning ?? is there other vitamins i should be taking ?

My god this is all new too me lol x

i only took folic acid as mw said that if i needed any more it would come up in the bloods x

cheers Loula - think i worry constantly am i doing things right god knows what ill be like when the baby gets here. Iv got my first appointment on monday with the miswife she will be taking blood then x

i think everywhere is different, i saw midwife for first time at 12 weeks as was under the early pregnancy unit from weeks 6 - 8 then i saw my doctor and he referred me when i was around 9-10 weeks.
I see my midwife in a childrens centre and so i was given blood forms to have them done at the hospital after my scan. We all worry i worry all the time, the only thing keeping me going til my next scan is the fact that my belly is getting bigger as take pics for my own peice of mnd every 2 weeks.
Its normal to worry until that baby is iin your arms and then another lot of worrying begins but youll be fab, and this place has been a lifesaver xxx

i check my belly every morning to see if it has got bigger which it has but i think that is just from all the chocolate iv ate over christmas lol i cant wait to get my babay bump :)

I didnt even have to see my doctor i was just told to go straight to a local health centre to register which i did 3 weeks ago and i received a call from her yesterday - think your right i dont think i will stop worrying till the baby is my arm :) x

Sorry, i didn't mean to worry you, You can take an all in one pregnancy vitamin if you want. But the most important one is folic acid.

So long as you've got a balanced diet I think the extra vitamins in the all in one tablets are surplus and prob aren't necessary.

I hope it gets better soon hun, my OH come up with my bacon butty this morning and said he put the news on an chantell whats her name was on (the one with alex reed) she says I'M NOT UP A SIX IN THE MORNING SO I DONT GET MORNING SICKNESS!! when he told me that i just LOL. x

Last edited:
hope it settles down for u Hun, I get morning sickness and it's a horrid feeling :(
xxx

i dunno who came up with the term morning sickness as it can strike at any time.just taken an anti sickness pill and its nearly 4am.didnt eat a proper meal untill 2am because of a 16 hour power cut..scotland was battered yesterday.

i dunno who came up with the term morning sickness as it can strike at any time.just taken an anti sickness pill and its nearly 4am.didnt eat a proper meal untill 2am because of a 16 hour power cut..scotland was battered yesterday.

16 hours, blimey! We were lucky and ours came back on in the afternoon, but there are people roundabout here who had to go stay in hotels because they had nothing all night. Guess we were lucky!!

Mine comes when I lay down to go sleep....that's when I feel most of the cramping too like AF is coming. At the moment I'm happy because it reassures me. We'll see if my tune changes in the weeks to come. Just want a healthy bubs as do you :)

xx

I had sickness in the evening with my last pg & this pg i was the same but its eased off now. You can buy the anti sickness bands from the chemist they seem to help me & others have mentioned how good they was for them while they are pg too. A cup of tea helps as well ( if you like it ) :) x

Yep! All bloomin day sickness for me too! I find eating little and often is the only thing that helps me.

I have been constantly getting evening sickness, but like you say at least it's after work! I've also found that the sickness travel bands help and my thing is orange lucozade! I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will ease off in the next couple of weeks, as I'd like to get back to eating dinner properly soon! :pray:

Mine was all day but quite often worse in the evening - in the end the only time I didn't feel sick was when I was asleep so used to go to bed early!!!! I had the travel bands but in fairness I don't think they made much difference to me, they just made my wrists hurt, which I suppose took my mind off the sickness for a while!! lol. Salty food helped me, when I was really bad I lived off hula hoops for a fortnight!! Hope you feel better soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back