Ethan Kennedy born 28 Feb 07

Minime

Reaction score
Introducing our little man Ethan Bruce David born very considerately on his due date :lol:

All started around 9:30pm on 27th Feb when I was minding my own business watching CSI and felt a distinct pop then felt a warmness. I said to OH that I thought my waters had gone. I got up and yep they'd gone alright. He went into flap mode telling me to phone the hossie whereas I just sauntered round saying in a minute (Why do something today when I can do it tomorrow....)
DD made me a raspberry leaf tea only she put milk in it so it wasnt too nice..... I then phoned the labour ward who told me to come in. OH had NO PETROL and the light was on so I was fixed to staring at it, he said he thought he would get it in the morning, err like the morning is the due date!!! Jeeeez one thing a dad should never do is let the petrol run down!! We live in a village!

After stopping at petrol station and him then going the cash machine :roll: I thought he was quite amusing as he's normally unflappable but he was clearly in a tiz. Contractions were now 7 mins apart lasting 30 seconds. Dropped DD off at my mates then by the time we were in hospital car park contractions were 2 minutes apart and less. Got up to labour ward and was booked in then abandoned. MW came back about half hour later and hooked me to the monitor. It showed irregular contractions from 1-7 minutes apart so she suggested I could go home until contractions became regular and said I could have a bath whilst I decided what to do. Had bath which seemed to stabilize the contractions and by the time MW got back into the room I'm away on the gas and air as they were now less than 5 minutes apart and lasting 60 seconds.
After a couple of hours of this I asked for pethidene then practically slept through the last of it. At some point I recall a Dr in the room and lots of other people milling around and they explained that baby's heartbeat had dropped and they needed to get him out now. I tried pushing and not a lot happened so he said he was giving me a ventouse. At that point I was on the ceiling as it hurt really bad. Few more pushes and I felt the baby move down which spurred me on somewhat and he was delivered at 5.26am. The Dr was marvellous, cool as a cucumber when other would have panicked and sent me for a section.

Still very sore down below but gets better every day :)

Our little man is settling in nicely, eats like a horse and is an absolute pleasure and will be spoilt spoilt spoilt :lol:
He's got a hand chewing habit hence the dummy!

Start as you mean to go on :lol:
DSC00140.jpg

DSC00142.jpg

DSC00158a.jpg

Aw, how cute! I love that first one where he's all tiny and cross. You don't realise how diddy there are until you see a MASSIVE dummy! :lol:

Your birth story's great. Loved the water popping moment! We had ventouse too and our Doc was the same. It's great when they're so matter-of-fact, it's just what you need when there's loads of people swanning about.

Have fun with Ethan and hope the healing goes well :D

He's a beauty hun......Many congratulations ..........:cheer: :hug:

We call him Angry Man as he gets like that when you take his nappy off :lol:

Minxy, when do you stop being in pain from a ventouse? My stitches are inside and still sting a lot :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back