Essential Oils

nik106

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Just seen on someone's facebook status about using Lavender oils after your due date to help bring on labour so i thought i'd do a bit of googling to see how/why its supposed to work. One thing i found was a list of oils not to use, and one of them is Rosemary oil because it increases your blood pressure and can trigger contractions.

I have fairly low blood pressure (102/62) and i get very very dizzy and sick if i stand up for more than 10-15 mins at a time. I'm over 38 weeks and baby's head is very deeply engaged, and i've been having some very mild crampings. Do you think it would be safe to use?

I wouldnt use it unless MW says its ok to...
Siany

I'm not seeing her for another 2 weeks :(

She's not very good at replying :lol: Its ok, i actually have no idea where to get them from without leaving the house (its too hot) so i'll prob just vegetate on the sofa for however long

Yeah I definitely wouldnt risk it hun, not without finding out the exact reasons for it and all of the risks....
Siany

Could you go to see a trained aromatherpist instead? I know some oils are dangerous for various reasons without the proper knowledge which a midwife might not know about.

That's a good idea, might see if i can find one locally

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back